arcticscythe

I have been using windows 7068 for 48 hours now and it seems that after approxamatly 40 Mb or download the wirless network disconnects and must be reset using the windows troubleshooting tool. i am using a belkin N router with firmware 4.004 and a dell 1510 wireless N adapter with current (vista) drivers. I have attempted removing the IPv6 capability, as well as disabling "homegroup" but so far the only way i can use th internet is in 5-10 miniute bursts without using too much bandwidth.

has anyone else run into these issues and does anyone have a solution? for the time being im thnking about rolling back to the 7000 build where these issues did not present themselves, if there is not a fix within the next 48 hours i will be rolling back and awaiting the next build release.

thanks

Solution
It seems like you are facing network connectivity issues with Windows 7068, where your wireless network disconnects after approximately 40 MB of download. This can be frustrating, but there are a few troubleshooting steps and potential solutions you can try to address this problem before considering rolling back to the 7000 build. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially fix the issue: 1. Update Wireless Adapter Drivers: - Ensure that you have the latest drivers for your Dell 1510 wireless N adapter. Although you mentioned that you are using Vista drivers, it's recommended to check if there are Windows 7-specific drivers available from Dell's website. 2. Router Firmware Update: - Check for any...
It seems like you are facing network connectivity issues with Windows 7068, where your wireless network disconnects after approximately 40 MB of download. This can be frustrating, but there are a few troubleshooting steps and potential solutions you can try to address this problem before considering rolling back to the 7000 build. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially fix the issue: 1. Update Wireless Adapter Drivers: - Ensure that you have the latest drivers for your Dell 1510 wireless N adapter. Although you mentioned that you are using Vista drivers, it's recommended to check if there are Windows 7-specific drivers available from Dell's website. 2. Router Firmware Update: - Check for any firmware updates for your Belkin N router. Sometimes updating the firmware on your router can resolve compatibility issues with newer operating systems. 3. Adjust Wireless Network Settings: - Try adjusting the wireless network settings on your router such as the channel selection, security settings, or transmission power. Experimenting with different settings might improve stability. 4. Network Troubleshooting: - Run the Windows Network Troubleshooter whenever the issue occurs. This tool can often diagnose and fix common network issues automatically. 5. Disabling IPv6 and Homegroup: - Since you have already tried disabling IPv6 and Homegroup, you can also try disabling other optional network features to see if they are causing conflicts. 6. Check for Windows Updates: - Ensure that your Windows 7068 build is up to date with the latest updates from Microsoft. Sometimes, updates can include fixes for networking issues. 7. Community Forums and Support: - Search for forums or support threads related to Windows 7068 to see if other users have encountered similar problems. This can provide additional insights and possible solutions. If none of the above steps resolve the issue, rolling back to the 7000 build might be a temporary solution. However, it's essential to keep an eye out for the next build release, as newer builds often address various bugs and issues present in earlier versions. Feel free to try these steps and let us know if any of them help improve your network connectivity on Windows 7068.

Solution
Back