Windows 8 Built-in mic quality help?

wobbey363

So for the past couple days I've been trying to record a video but after just a few seconds of recording the sound quality drops. Making it sound all muddy and unlistenable. Are there any solutions to fix this?

Hi,
can you post the make and model of the machine your using.

I haven't really tried any of those, but I will now. Also yes, it's been since I first tried recording something.

Also when recording make sure you have nothing else running apart from the recording software but see how you go with the other options too.. :)

Hi

My experience has been that in general the microphones built into laptops are of somewhat questionable quality.

I have no direct experience with the Toshiba Satellite, so I can't really compare.

I use a Microsoft Life Cam on my PC and it does a very good job picking up voices etc, that are across the room clearly.

You could plug one in and only use the microphone application.
That would lower overhead on your computer and should give really good sound reproduction.

I'm sure that a high end mic would probably do better but I've used this one to record voice files for videos, that I make with good results.

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-LifeCam-VX-5000-Webcam-Accent/dp/B0015BYS74/ref=sr_1_5?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1403493987&sr=1-5&keywords=microsoft lifecam

This is what I'm using, I have had stand alone mics that don't come close to the results I'm getting with this.

If you know anyone using one that you could borrow and try it out you may find is works a lot better.

Mike

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom