Windows 7 Bunch of random bsod's

Celicni

When I say random in the title, I MEAN random. It does not matter what I do at the moment, it can be as simple as opening a new tab, or playing wow. Heck it sometimes crashes while I leave it idle in grindquest.
I am new to these forums so, if you need some data files which you probably do, please tell me what you need.
Maybe you need blue screen view data? I can provide it if needed. ALL the bsod's have ntoskrnl.exe + random numbers as either the main culprit or the second one.

When I say random in the title, I MEAN random. It does not matter what I do at the moment, it can be as simple as opening a new tab, or playing wow. Heck it sometimes crashes while I leave it idle in grindquest.
I am new to these forums so, if you need some data files which you probably do, please tell me what you need.
Maybe you need blue screen view data? I can provide it if needed. ALL the bsod's have ntoskrnl.exe + random numbers as either the main culprit or the second one.

Can you provide you System Specs and your Dump Files?

Alright, I will do that, but it might take me some time as I do not know how long this memtest will take, and the computer ain't entirely mine.

Until I do that, cause I will have to wait until the pc is all alone, because let's just say I will get yelled at for "breaking the computer" if anything other than regular stuff I do is on the screen...seriously I got asked: WTF did you do now when I went into BIOS -.- And also like I said not only I am using it so I will have to wait a bit...
Any other info I can provide you with, to hopefully resolve this?

Get TeamViewer and I could take a look at you computer and help more. BSoD's are caused by some many things. Windows doesn't make it easy.

I'm not sure remote desktop is permitted at this forum. I certainly could not see it being appropriate, as while it is very much helpful for us volunteers, it's a considerable security risk.

Anyways, I personally checked the crashdumps, and am a little puzzled. It appears to be complaining about CPU operations that look completely normal. If I am correct in this judgment, it means the CPU is bad, as it means it's not performing the instruction in the code properly.

If you want to make sure this isn't a hardware issue, I recommend turning on Driver Verifier and providing us crashdumps from crashes caused by it. Understand Driver Verifier will make the system panic (BSOD) more than usual, so read the article entirely. However, before even running DV, update your drivers and antivirus on your system. I recommend you start with these drivers:

* Graphics
* Network
* Audio

All three of those are showing up consistently in your crashdumps, as well as your antivirus filter drivers. If problems persist despite updating your drivers, turn on Driver Verifier and provide us crashdumps from it.

I'm not sure remote desktop is permitted at this forum. I certainly could not see it being appropriate, as while it is very much helpful for us volunteers, it's a considerable security risk.

Anyways, I personally checked the crashdumps, and am a little puzzled. It appears to be complaining about CPU operations that look completely normal. If I am correct in this judgment, it means the CPU is bad, as it means it's not performing the instruction in the code properly.

If you want to make sure this isn't a hardware issue, I recommend turning on Driver Verifier and providing us crashdumps from crashes caused by it. Understand Driver Verifier will make the system panic (BSOD) more than usual, so read the article entirely. However, before even running DV, update your drivers and antivirus on your system. I recommend you start with these drivers:

* Graphics
* Network
* Audio

All three of those are showing up consistently in your crashdumps, as well as your antivirus filter drivers. If problems persist despite updating your drivers, turn on Driver Verifier and provide us crashdumps from it.
Thank you for the response, but all of my drivers are up to date, and MSE is up to date also. Now...I actually think I got this resolved :D I think it was google chrome.
Basically, I noticed that whenever I BSOD'd I have had google chrome open. Ever since I uninstalled it 2 days ago and started using mozilla (which I personally find inferior to chrome because I can't seem to get around where options are, and my youtube bookmarks for the series I watch keep going into unsorted bookmarks folder instead of the bookmarks toolbar) I haven't had a BSOD yet. I'm holding my thumbs that that was it. I also have ran into another thread on a random site with apparently the same problem as me: Bunch of random BSOD's that had no connection to one another...and the issues was to uninstall chrome...so yeah...think I solved it, if it reappears( dear god please no) I will contact you again.

Last edited:
It is quite a rarity to have a usermode application (i.e. anything not a driver) BSOD the system, so chrome would've been far from my list of suspects. Did you also happen to have any plugins for chrome installed as well? Perhaps something there was involved. Either way, glad to hear it's resolved so far. Consider this solved at your discretion.

It is quite a rarity to have a usermode application (i.e. anything not a driver) BSOD the system, so chrome would've been far from my list of suspects. Did you also happen to have any plugins for chrome installed as well? Perhaps something there was involved. Either way, glad to hear it's resolved so far. Consider this solved at your discretion.
Ergh...I just had another bsod...page fault in nonpaged area fltmgr.sys...but it was the same as any time before that I crashed, that is I was on the internet, watching a youtube video.
Well...had a good run...3 days without bsod's...

Last edited:
Run Driver Verifier as previously instructed so we can have a chance at getting some good info on this. Though already I'm seeing a heavy pattern of it being related to network activity, so most likely it has to do with your network controller or some filter driver that's rummaging through network activity.

Run Driver Verifier as previously instructed so we can have a chance at getting some good info on this. Though already I'm seeing a heavy pattern of it being related to network activity, so most likely it has to do with your network controller or some filter driver that's rummaging through network activity.
Excuse me, but can you tell me what exactly I need to do with this driver verifier?

The purpose of Driver Verifier is to set Windows in a more alert state so it's able to detect driver bugs (if this is a driver issue) faster. Right now it's only crashing from what appears to be the aftereffects of a driver bug, which is why the crashdumps can't help us. But with DV, there's a good chance it'll catch the culprit at the scene of the crime.

With that in mind, you only need to follow the instructions in the article I linked previously in this thread to Driver Verifier to set it up and to be informed of what happens in some cases when Driver Verifier checks are active. After DV is setup and ready to go and you restart the system, just use the system normally as you would until it crashes - provided DV hasn't caused a boot loop. Giving us a crashdump (or a few, preferably) from these crashes may help us a good bit more than crashdumps without DV on.

Back