Windows 7 C:\ Is not accessible - Access is denied

Tyr

So, I recently began receiving this problem which disallows me (although I'm admin, and the only user account on the computer) from creating, moving, or accessing anything within the hard drive. I am also unable to download anything. I'm still able to access stuff outside of the hard drive, but only access.

It's been very frustrating trying to do anything on my computer, and sadly I can't take a picture because my computer won't let me save anything.

I've also tried doing a few things, one of them going into safemode and trying to grant me ownership, although I wasn't able to check off the boxes. I've also checked for viruses, to no avail. As said before, my computer won't let me download or install things. If anyone knows how to solve this, please inform me- thanks.

Tyr:
Hello and welcome to the forum.
If you suspect that a virus or other malware is responsible for the current issue, use a second computer and grab this program and a blank write-able CD Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper Beta | Microsoft Connect get the correct one for your architecture (32 or 64 bit).
Double click the program and it will create a boot CD that will allow you to start the problem PC offline (you may need to set the BIOS to support booting CD as first boot device).
Run a full system scan and see if that provides any help.
It doesn't sound like you are able to do much if anything regarding securing your critical data by performing a system image or even a file and folder backup given the computer's present state so you may want to consider using a Linux Distro Live CD to copy important files, folders, images, documents, email, etc., to some external media (USB drive). Use Ubuntu Live CD to Backup Files from Your Dead Windows Computer - How-To Geek
Regards
Randy

Do you still show as Admin on your system?

Can you create another admin account?

Can you activate the real admin account? If you can get another admin account, maybe you could fix yours.

If you open Windows Explorer and right click the C: partition=properties, does the security tab show the Admins as having full control?

Currently trying Trouble's solution, but as a response to Salt, I still show up as admin, and I have created another admin account (which for some reason I'm not allowed to do anymore) but they're still restricted. And no, full control isn't checked, although the special permissions check is there but it's greyed out.

Ok, problem fixed. Sadly, It does seem like the only solution which worked was to reformat everything, although I didn't really have anything important to keep on my computer. Anyways, thanks for the quick support.

Wow, format C .... the super penicillin of computer repair. Very sorry to hear that it came to that but glad that you are back up and running.
Might I suggest employing some type of imaging software in the near future to help protect you from having to do something similar again. Windows 7 has a reasonably suitable built in utility for this and there are several third party free options which you may find useful. And of course my favorite commercial payed version Acronis.
Regards
Randy

Back