Windows 7 call of duty 4 crash

wil

Okay so for some unknown reason my Call of Duty 4 game crashes my pc and i have to force restart it. Prior to installing cod 4 i played some cod 2 which worked fine in single player and multiplayer without patches but when i installed the patch 1.3 (up to date patch) it would crash when playing multiplayer and now the same thing is happening to my cod 4. They are both official versions bought from a store and the time between joining an online game to when it crashes is always different. If i create my own game on cod 4 its fine havent had it crash on me but if i join an online game it will crash. Ive googled to try find a solution but nothing. And i find it rather weird its happening with 2 different cod games both 2 and 4, not any other game i have on my computer.

Im running windows 7 x64.

here are my pc specs:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 8.00GB
System type: 64-bit Operating System
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6

Last edited:
Hi wil,
I did a little googling and found this:

There are some issues running CoD 4 multiplayer on some onboard sound cards. If you have a RealTek(TM) onboard sound card and Windows(R) Vista you should try removing your sound card drivers and allow Windows Vista to install it’s default sound drivers. Please make note of the make and model of your sound card prior to removing it in order to aid in reinstallation at a later date.

That was taken from this page: Link Removed - Invalid URL

It might help just updating drivers to the latest versions?

Hey kemical,
When searching for a solution I did come across that website and that solution you quotes is for an error which isnt my problem. I did however try updating the sound drivers but they are up to date already so thats obviously no the problem.

Please post the 2 screen shots asked for in my signature. Also, if you've ever had bsods, then look in C:\Windows\Minidump

Copy the files in there to any other folder. Zip them then also attach the zip as well.

TorrentG: he didn't read what you asked for, I dunno if it annoys you or not, but it does for me!

wil: Do what TorrentG wants and i'll back him up on this, Please post the 2 screen shots asked for in my signature (Where my Signature here refers to TorrentG's). Also, if you've ever had bsods, then look in C:\Windows\Minidump

Copy the files in there to any other folder. Zip them then also attach the zip as well.

We didn't want you to tell us that you didn't have any BSoD's

Please go to this link: CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting

1). Download the latest File
2). Install the program
3). Screen shot the SPD and the Memory tab contents, (by pressing the prt sc button on the keyboard) one at a time, paste them into a word Documet one a time.
4). Upload the document and attach it using the Attachment paper clip in the advanced replay.

TorrentG: he didn't read what you asked for, I dunno if it annoys you or not, but it does for me!

I'm an extremely nice person to all people, as life experience and my core beliefs have led me to be like this. I mean, really nice.

I'm only human though and can become frustrated just like anybody else. (And no doubt I'm sure that I can be perceived as a dirk because of it sometimes...lol....which is not my overall intent.)

However, when people don't listen while seeking help, which happens so very often, it does frustrate me to some extent. That's partially because I'm 3 steps ahead while doing things and then something like that brings it 1 behind, instead. It how my brain functions, like many other technology-minded people.

There's even an SNL skit that makes fun of it...the I.T. guy....he's like "mooooove" when something needs to be fixed....as in "get out of the way." hahaha

Last edited:
It's all good, no problem. You're welcome.

The memory is set well, so that is not an issue.

What could be the issue is a weak/insufficient power supply.

If you'd like, I can have a look at the rest of the system this way: Type msinfo32 in the start menu then press enter. File | save on the opened screen. Zip the saved file then attach the zip here.

What is those Watts on the PSU (Power Supply Unit) open the side and find out, The PSU should be at least 500w with that system, prefurably 750w from what I see of the memory that you have a decent gaming computer? in contrast a midrange Gaming system like mine needs 550w min, So I have 750w for expansion. But typically High end and extreme Gaming systems needs 750w to 1500w, remember the PSU could be outta date, Wheather is a gaming system or not it should have all the right connectors, Like 24 Pin Mobo plug, 8 Pin CPU Plug, 6+2 GPU Cables, 4 pin floppy (yes we don't use floppies anymore, but one is still always included for some reson, even a decade later), 4 pin Molex plugs (yes we don't use PATA Disks and Drives anymore, but several is still always included for some reson, even a decade later) and 15/16 pin Sata Power cables (those replaced the 4 pin Molexes). if any of these aren't on your PSU, buy a new one. Don't bother using adaptors they cause more problems and only go so far. Cheaper and easier to buy a new PSU, Yours may already be cactus.

Last edited:
The power supply is 700W. Here is the zip file you asked for also:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Update your Microsoft LifeCam VX-1000 drivers:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Install this Realtek HD Audio driver:

ftp://download.gigabyte.ru/driver/motherboard_driver_audio_realtek_azalia.exe

Update Marvell Yukon 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller driver:

Marvell: Support

-----------

Install Malwarebytes and let it scan your machine and then remove all it finds. Then install MSE for 24/7 malware protection, which is needed.

Consider disabling the applemobiledeviceservice, rebooting, to test.

my drivers for the webcam and gigabit ethernet controller were up to date and i instaled the realtek driver and i played the game and it worked for about 20 or so minutes...thought it was fixed but then it just did the same thing.

Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\yk62x64.sys (11.0.5.3, 380.00 KB (389,120 bytes), 6/11/2009 6:35 AM)

Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\usbaudio.sys (6.1.7600.16385, 107.00 KB (109,568 bytes), 7/14/2009 10:06 AM)

"my drivers for the webcam and gigabit ethernet controller were up to date and i instaled the realtek driver and i played the game and it worked for about 20 or so minutes...thought it was fixed but then it just did the same thing."

No Dude, No they arn't the most up-to-date Drivers, I know this for a fact, My Realtek Drivers are 12/9/10, and my Marvel Driver on my old desktop that is used for a LAN party server is 8/7/10, I don't even know if there is any even newer than that but so far mine are up-to-date, and if they arn't there are close. yours are way off.

Yeh sorry i downloaded the wrong one for the ethernet controller but the webcam says its up to date...and its runnign v3.2 which is the drivers from the site. should i just uninstall it? dont really use it anyways

All good. Install Marvell Yukon, reboot. Test. If no good still, remove camera/uninstall software. Reboot, test. If no good, remove the tv card from the machine. Reboot, test.

Back