Windows 7 Can I install WoW on Windows 7 64-bit?

fatalphenom

Ive been searching the topic for a week now and can only find information that is 2 years old.

Can anyone help me out on this?

Ive been searching the topic for a week now and can only find information that is 2 years old.

Can anyone help me out on this?

I think we need more information because WoW is instlaled in win 7 64bit. Thats why you have two program files directories (X86, and 64 bit)

What are you trying to do?

Ken J

Can anyone tell im not a gamer {grin}

Last edited:
Yes, World of Warcraft.

So when the dialogue box opens up that shows where to install it do I install it to the "Program Files" folder and not the x86?

Does it give a default location? If so just leave it at that..

I've checked out the links and have done everything I can find to try and fix my problem. The folder it defaults to when it lets you choose is C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft
here is the error message i am getting:

The file "C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft.temp\Data.temp\enUS.temp\Interface.temp\Cinematics.temp" could not be renamed to "C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft.temp\Data.temp\enUS.temp\Interface.temp\Cinematics". (ConflictManager::ResolveConflicts/1)

Thank you guys for the links and the information. I have read through those pages and also tried some of the solutions, but to no avail.

I am going to give up on installing World of Warcraft since I have purchased Guild Wars and after a few hours of playing the game, I like it much more than WoW. Another reason I will not install WoW is because Guild Wars if free to play every month.

But if anyone has anymore information please let me know!

Windows 7 64-bit

Hi

It doesn't matter where you install it, my friend is running it from his external hard drive.
I have it installed in D:\Wow.

The truth is that it doesn't even need to be installed.
You can take an existing installation and copy it to a new computer and it will run fine.
I'm running the same installation that was on my XP 32 bit computer on my new Windows 7 64 bit one and it doesn't know the difference.
I just copied the Wow folder from one to the other.

So if you know anyone with an installation you can just copy it to your computer.

Mike

Last edited:
Back