Windows 10 can not loggin after cloning harddrive

nerfherd0r

I just cloned my old SSHD onto an SSD and now when I try boot my PC with the SSD it keeps saying my password is incorrect. It boots up fine all the way to the login screen (I can see my old wallpaper and everything looks normal) but I just cant seem to log in, I even tried changing my password and that didn't work either. I know I'm entering the password right because it looks fine when I click the 'view password' button and I can log in fine when I put my old SSHD back in. Anyone help?

Is this a local account or MS account? Password, Pin or other login type?

I would also try booting into safe mode and see if you can login.

I'd imagine that by using an MS account that the change in hardware has something to do with the issue. Most likely Microsoft may think it's a different computer and you may not be allowed to login.

I'd imagine that by using an MS account that the change in hardware has something to do with the issue. Most likely Microsoft may thing it's a different computer and you may not be allowed to login.
oh that actually makes sense. what do you suggest i do?

I'd say you may have a couple of options.

• Use something like Hiren Boot Disc and enable the built-in admin account. (if you can login with that)
  • Login and switch your main account to a local
  • Login with the local and try switching back to an MS account

Other option would be boot back to the HDD and switch to local, then clone then re-add the MS account

You also may be able to login to account.microsoft.com and there is a "Devices" section there maybe a way to reactive it there or even try calling MS support and they may have a way to address the issue.

Back
Top Bottom