Windows 7 Cannot install bluetooth driver!!! Help!

FrustyMcFrust

I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 running windows 7. When I first installed windows 7 my bluetooth mouse worked, but the scroll wheel was not being recognized by windows. Upon further investigation it became apparent that the wrong bluetooth driver was installed. I was on the phone when my friend installed what he thought was the right one so I didn't see what he actually installed. Miraculously, my mouse worked scroll wheel and all and my bluetooth headphones worked plus there was an option to install bluetooth devices in control panel! Perfect! This lasted about 10 minutes and windows didn't like the driver and disabled my bluetooth card ... so my mouse no longer worked at all. I figured that my buddy must have installed the vista driver so I downloaded the correct driver for windows 7 32 bit, the bluetooth icon looked different than before when it was preparing to install so this looked like it was going to be the solution. The only problem is that now I get this
moz-screenshot-2.png
moz-screenshot-3.png
moz-screenshot-4.png
moz-screenshot-5.png
moz-screenshot-6.png
moz-screenshot-7.png
message that says "Activate Bluetooth using Wireless Switch" with the only other option being to cancel installation. I have tried restoring windows to before I installed the previous incorrect driver, but that doesn't seem to change anything with regard to my bluetooth card. I have no idea what to do. Please help!
moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png

Sorry for the hyperlinks ... but issue resolved!

As it turns out Windows was disabling my bluetooth card so as a last resort I removed it from my device list. Apparently that was the right move ... I installed the driver and everything works just fine and I now have a bluetooth icon in my tray. Hopefully this helps someone else out there having the same problem.

Back