Cannot install video card after re install windows 10

TheUnknown

Hello, I have a windows 10 64 bit 8 gb GTX 1050 Desktop, I recently re installed my computer and when i checked device manager it show's i have microsoft basic display driver, I tried updating it by Search automatically for updated driver software. It say's windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device Nvidia geforce GTX 1050, I tried downloading the driver's from gigabyte for it and it say's it's not compatible for this version of windows.

On windows update it show's it's downloading 2 nvidia display's but then it say's error on both of them.

Hi,
you could try downloading the driver either from Nvidia or Intel. Both have recently released updated drivers the links of which can be found in the software update section under Graphics driver.

Let us know if these don't help either. Make sure you uninstall any previously installed gpu driver before installing the new.

Hi,
you could try downloading the driver either from Nvidia or Intel. Both have recently released updated drivers the links of which can be found in the software update section under Graphics driver.

Let us know if these don't help either. Make sure you uninstall any previously installed gpu driver before installing the new.
I tried that, when I try to download a driver from there for the gtx 1050 it says my driver isn't compatible with the version. Idk why it's showing the Microsoft basic display driver and not GTX 1050. I am going to see if updating my entire computer to the latest Windows update works.

I tried that, when I try to download a driver from there for the gtx 1050 it says my driver isn't compatible with the version. Idk why it's showing the Microsoft basic display driver and not GTX 1050. I am going to see if updating my entire computer to the latest Windows update works.
I always turn off the Intel graphics (which comes installed onchip) via the bios and make sure only the Nvidia graphics card is used

I also if the microsoft basic driver is installed, uninstall, reboot and then try the nvidia drivers

I also if the microsoft basic driver is installed, uninstall, reboot and then try the nvidia drivers
I tried that, When i did rebooted my computer it showed it was video controller Video Controller VGA Compatible

Edit: I installed window's update's over night and now it's showing GTX 1050, That scared the hell out of me. Well, Good thing that downloading the latest window's updates fixed it. I'm glad it's fine now.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update and glad to hear your running a whole lot better. Any problems please post back.

Back