Windows Vista Cannot join Vista to Win2003 domain

lenseboy

I have tried adding my machine to the domain but keep receiving the following error message
"The join operation was not successful.This could be because an existing computer account was previously created using a different set of credentials. Use a different computer name or contact your administrator to remove any stale conflicting account. The error was: Access is denied."

-After checking the Computers OU in AD I notice my computer account with a red cross through it.

-I have joined XP machines to the domain with no problem.

-I have disabled IPv6

Does anyone have any suggestions to get this working?

thanks

G

And in case you all were wondering, I am joining using Domain Admin credentials.

Any ideas welcome !
Cheers

Hi lenseboy

Did you look at other forums for possible workarounds.?
See:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Note:- it claims that you have to have Ultimate and Business versions of Vista installed.

Yeah I've probably been through every forum and thread on the web!

I cant find many issues exactly like mine on the internet though.

I am running Vista Business so there should be no issues connecting. In fact, I have already joined other Vista machines to the new domain, all with the same DNS and IP settings.

Ive also tried installing with different Admin account but to no avail.

So I'm calling on all you gurus out there!

help a brutha out :D

Sorry Lenseboy, I'd help if I could..
I'll keep my eye's open though and if I spot anything remotely helpful I'll post back.

Go into the Computers OU in AD and delete that computer account. Then rename your computer by placing and arbitrary digit on the end or just rename it completely. Then restart your pc. When It comes back up try to join the domain again and it should work. I've seen where computer accounts get corrupt in AD and this may be why you can't join the domain. Deleting that account and recreating another should help.

Chan

Go into the Computers OU in AD and delete that computer account. Then rename your computer by placing and arbitrary digit on the end or just rename it completely. Then restart your pc. When It comes back up try to join the domain again and it should work. I've seen where computer accounts get corrupt in AD and this may be why you can't join the domain. Deleting that account and recreating another should help.

Chan

+1 on Cheard's information

Ultimate User

Back
Top Bottom