Windows 10 Cannot see start screen

mdjdevon

I installed Windows 10 on Friday. The Windows symbol at bottom left of screen and the Windows key on keyboard do not work to access start screen. Is there another way to bring up the start screen?

Last edited:
It no longer opens the Start Screen but should display the Start Menu, are you saying it literally does nothing? I've had such issues with machines that were infected with malware at the time of upgrading. I would suggest rebooting into safe mode (hold shift while you click Restart from the login screen) and scanning with Malwarebytes and Hitman Pro.

Hi,
the big start screen that was in windows 8/8.1 can still be enabled. Open the start menu and click settings, Look for personalisation, click that and then Start. You'll then see this screen:
start.jpg

Hope this helps.

It no longer opens the Start Screen but should display the Start Menu, are you saying it literally does nothing? I've had such issues with machines that were infected with malware at the time of upgrading. I would suggest rebooting into safe mode (hold shift while you click Restart from the login screen) and scanning with Malwarebytes and Hitman Pro.

Hi,
the big start screen that was in windows 8/8.1 can still be enabled. Open the start menu and click settings, Look for personalisation, click that and then Start. You'll then see this screen:
View attachment 30601

Hope this helps.
Apologies for delay. My laptop has been in a repair shop and Windows 8 has been restored and updated to 8.1. So I'm now waiting to be invited to update to Windows 10 again. Thanks for your reply.

Apologies for delay. My laptop has been in a repair shop and Windows 8 has been restored and updated to 8.1. So I'm now waiting to be invited to update to Windows 10 again. Thanks for your reply.
Try this page from Microsoft:
Windows 10

How to download Windows 10: Force Windows 10 update using this method this tutorial shows. how to force upgrade.

As a matter of interest I got the upgrade reservation app on 30th June 2015, did the reservation, and on 8th August I was informed that the upgrade was ready for me. It took about one and a half hours to run, including several re-boots.

In 2 other posts I mention that the CD/DVD was not recognised, and my iTunes did not recognise my iPad. Both posts relate how I overcame these problems. 10 now running great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I installed Windows 10 on Friday. The Windows symbol at bottom left of screen and the Windows key on keyboard do not work to access start screen. Is there another way to bring up the start screen?
You can try the keyboard key with the windows logo on it. It should bring up a menu, press again and it will show your start screen. That works on mine. The touch pad did not work right after I went to 10, but as patches were installed via windows update over about a weeks time everything started working. Set your Windows update to automatically download and install updates.

Back