Windows 10 Cant change public to private Xfinity unidetified network

LT72884

Ok, so here is my first issue. I live in a remote area for the moment. I used my sisters username and pass for xfinity to login to a router by me. Issue, i accedently set it as public, not private and no it doesnt work. It says unidentified network. Under properties of the card, it shows no ip for ipv4 or 6. No where in win 10 can i find the network profile to change it from public to private.

Right now i am at control panle, network and internwt, network status and tasks. It shows my card connected but no avcess. Also shows its public but no way of changing it.

Thanks
a3475048cf5e8d7e192778f2222ba7f5.jpg
a63dc570ca318b3ca49ff6d86897f1c0.jpg

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

There is a way to change it to private it's just kind of buried.

• Click on the start button or press the Windows key
  • Type Powershell
  • Right click on the Powershell icon and select "Run As Administrator"
  • Type Get-NetConnectionProfile
    • Make note of your wireless adapter name (yours will likely say "Wi-Fi 2")
  • Then type Set-NetConnectionProfile -Name "Wi-Fi 2" -NetworkCategory Private
You can verify it's now on the Private firewall profile y typing Get-NetConnectionProfile again

Says command not recognized.

Set-NetConnectionProfile -Name "Wi-Fi 2" -NetworkCategory Private

Ok, got the command to work, but still cant connect to the router. I have no idea where its located. Could be my nieghbors or something or on the pole next to my place. But it keeps saying unidentified network.

I go to properties and it still says public network

93b019b9c48b00679e69a9ddf3390852.jpg

I jave. It asked for user name and pass. It accepts it and then waits for about 3 minutes saying "identifying...." then goes right to "unidentified" and cmd shows 169.254 as ip

Well I'd say it's either a quality issue, or the number of registered devices to use the Xfinity Hotspots is reached on the account.

Hmmmm, interesting. Maybe quality. Man, it sucks having no internet.

Ok, ill have to figure something out. Thanks. Maybe ill turn up roaming sensitivity if mine has it

Comcast guest WiFi has a tendency to .. well just plain suck. The router probably needs rebooted and the guest network will start working for you again, and then stop at some point randomly. Kind of the nature of the beast.

Back