Windows 10 Can't Enable Bluetooth

Hermitkrab

Honorable Member
Hello, all. I recently purchased a Canon printer, which has wireless capabilities. However, I can't find any button in the notification area of my PC that says Bluetooth. I know one is supposed to be there, but don't remember if it ever was. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Toshiba satellite laptop L55-A5226
Win 10, latest version

Apart from the offered solutions to the Bluetooth problem, why do you want it to use a wireless printer?

Fn +f2
Both keys press simultaneously
Then your Bluetooth window open

Sent from my A37f using Tapatalk

In Windows 10 you can enable bluetooth a couple of ways. My system also has no hardware key to enable it. Click on the notification icon (bottom right), click Expand, Click on the box with the bluetooth icon to enable it.

You can also go to 'system settings' [windows key + I] > devices > bluetooth.

Last point typically when a printer states it's wireless doesn't mean it's bluetooth. Wireless means you connect it to your wireless network, connect your computer to it on the network and print.

"Last point typically when a printer states it's wireless doesn't mean it's bluetooth. Wireless means you connect it to your wireless network, connect your computer to it on the network and print."
exactly. See my query post#5

OK, I guess I misunderstood what Bluetooth is. The printer is working fine via USB connection to my PC. It's not important that it's not connected wirelessly. I was merely curious (still in learning mode). I paid only $30 for it at Walmart and it's better than the older HP printer I was using before. The HP printer needed an ink cartridge, so for a little more, I got a whole new printer.:D

Great. But, if you are interested, it should not be difficult to get it running with the wireless connection.
I am sure a member here can guide you through if you are interested.

Great. But, if you are interested, it should not be difficult to get it running with the wireless connection.
I am sure a member here can guide you through if you are interested.

This may have a bearing: I don't use a router. I connect to the Internet using the WiFi available at the apartment bldg where I live.

Back
Top Bottom