Windows 7 Cant Find Network controller driver for my Dell

ncimike3

I have a yellow exclamation on an Network controller device. Just bought a used dell Inspiron One. Downloaded all the drivers and installed them. I have one remaining device I cant get the driver for. I've attached pics. any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    66.3 KB · Views: 2,118
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    55.1 KB · Views: 1,107
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    35.7 KB · Views: 715
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Without knowing specifically which of the six models of Inspiron Ones you actually have it will be difficult to venture a guess except to say it may likely be an integrated wireless product.
Typically when you go here Link Removed - Invalid URL and plug in your service tag number you will be provided with a list of drivers appropriate for your specific hardware configuration.
If you need additional help locating a driver, perhaps if you use the details tab and change the "Property" drop down to "Hardware Ids", right click the "Value" box and choose select all, right click again and choose copy, then paste that information into a text file and attach it to your next post we may be able to help further.
Regards
Randy

Thanks so much for the quick reply. Here are 2 more screen shots of the make and model of my pc. I in fact did go to dell and look at the files the dell reccommended for my model. But for me it was confusing because there were several downloads that all looked similar. As far as the network drivers and programs, i just downloaded all of them and installed all of them. The first one told me that it couldn't find compatible hardware. The other 3 installed ok. Capture4.PNGCapture5.PNG

OK, well based on the fact that device manager already shows the Realtek adapter installed, that would leave the Atheros-Driver 8/19/2011 9.2.0.225 (R305727.exe 13MB)
I suppose you can attempt to re-download, re-run and re-install, might work or maybe give this one a go instead Link Removed - Invalid URL seems just slightly newer and see if it works any better.
Regards
Randy

yeah. I installed that one too. no luck. I think it may have something to do with my wireless adapter because although I have LAN I show no wireless adapter present.

yeah. I installed that one too. no luck. I think it may have something to do with my wireless adapter because although I have LAN I show no wireless adapter present.
Yes, that is likely because the network controller in device manager that it setting there without an associated driver installed.
Still kinda hoping that with the Hardware Ids we might be able to see what the actual Atheros chipset is and find a more recent and or suitable driver here ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows (Atheros?????)

Back