Windows 7 Can't install NETGEAR drivers

Brij

Hi all.

Windows 7 on a dell machine (XPS)

Usb netgear wireless fob WG111 v2.

Running vista 64x no problem, tried installing same drivers straight up, no-can-do as they are not digitally signed.

Tried running in compatability mode
Tried disabling crypotography service so it dont check for digi sign
Tried "bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS &
bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON

Even made windows use the specific driver under advanced that vista uses, nowadays it dont even bring up a msg about any driver issues, it just has the yellow icon and says under properties that the drivers are not digitally signed. :frown:

Would love to use W7 as its running faster on my machine than vista is, but without the net, not much i can do.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

- Brij

Signed driver enforcement

I was able to install the wg111v2 drivers on windows 7 beta by doing hte following:

1. Download the wg111v2 installation from netgear's website or whatever third party site that hosts drivers
2. Install the utility
3. Go to device manager, and update the driver for the wg111v2
4. Choose the C:\program files (x86)\Netgear\Drivers folder for the driver location ( c:\program files\Netgear\Drivers if not on 64 bit )
5. It will say "booh you suck wrong operating system or not properly signed"
6. Restart
7. Press F8 on startup to get the advanced boot menu
8. Choose "Disable signed driver enforcement"
9. when you boot up, the driver should work.
10. Repeat steps 7-8 every time you restart :-/

There ya have it. And if anyone can figure out a way around the F8 every time you restart thing, i'd LOVE to hear it
smile.gif

Now that the beta version of windows 7 is expired, this shouldn't be an issue any longer.

-Daniel Pops

u can use unsigned drivers by doing a manual install (device manager) - just go the 'let me pick the device driver' route and it will be installed.

just unpack the driver before doing that

Windows 7 wg111v2 driver

I was able to install the wg111v2 drivers on windows 7 beta by doing hte following:

1. Download the wg111v2 installation from netgear's website or whatever third party site that hosts drivers
2. Install the utility
3. Go to device manager, and update the driver for the wg111v2
4. Choose the C:\program files (x86)\Netgear\Drivers folder for the driver location ( c:\program files\Netgear\Drivers if not on 64 bit )
5. It will say "booh you suck wrong operating system or not properly signed"
6. Restart
7. Press F8 on startup to get the advanced boot menu
8. Choose "Disable signed driver enforcement"
9. when you boot up, the driver should work.

10. Repeat steps 7-8 every time you restart :-/

There ya have it. And if anyone can figure out a way around the F8 every time you restart thing, i'd LOVE to hear it
smile.gif

Forget that, everytime you start deal. I was looking everywhere for these driver, I finally found them from a 3rd party developer, get them here:
hxxp://www.proaudiosoft.com/wg111v2.html
problem solved, works on windows 7 64 and 32 all editions (even vista editions)

PS- on ABOVE URL CHANGE "X" TO "T"

Last edited:
Re: Windows 7 wg111v2 driver

that didnnt work for me..

i know it is deffo compatable but nightmare to find the drivers, however i found them though after hours of searching for developers

go to www.weinsteinsolutions.com/wg111v2.html

sorted me out and saved me hours of work (whos got time to spend doing all this!)
has instructions to follow which are easy too. cost is nothing compared to time one could spend.
highly recommend!

Re: Windows 7 wg111v2 driver

that didnnt work for me..

i know it is deffo compatable but nightmare to find the drivers, however i found them though after hours of searching for developers

go to www.weinsteinsolutions.com/wg111v2.html

sorted me out and saved me hours of work (whos got time to spend doing all this!)
has instructions to follow which are easy too. cost is nothing compared to time one could spend.
highly recommend!

Omg stay away from Weinsteinsolutions.com , they are a scam operation out of another country. A couple people have contacted me already about this deal, drivers dont work and zero support.

Only one place to get and install them easy.
go to www.proaudiosoft.com/wg111v2.html they are a 3rd party developer that writes many driver for devices, audio hardware too. And they work 100%, also live support.
Weinsteinsolutions is nothing more than fraudulent spam....

Last edited:
Ha! Nice try Pro audio! There is plenty of google info proving weinstein solutions is a reviewed and well reputed source... has its own facebook page with plenty of comments too.. It worked for me and many others so I'd probably give up on your fake plugging of your site of whatever you like to call it.

weinstein solutions works wonders and good luck to them. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom