Windows 10 Can't recognize HDD as HDD

idk, does the sysinfo file I gave originally tell you? If not tell me how to tell you.

I once met the same problem. The answer I got from the "computer shop on the corner" was the Mobo was too old and missed some functions.
I got around it by simply disable / switching off defragging for that drive...

They lied to you. This has nothing to do with the motherboard. It's windows being confused after cloning the system.

I don't think so. I did not clone a drive, I removed the old failing HD drive, inserted a new SSD and started a fresh install from scratch.
That make me believe that some functionality from the old MoBo was missing.

Shouldn't be the motherboard, I've never heard of that UNLESS the controller was acting up, but if that was the case it wouldn't operate and defraggler wouldn't show it properly like it does.
upload_2017-10-23_9-28-27.png

i would've thought it was included in the normal update checks.
well, after doing the update and sadly finding alot of personal settings changed, removing the SSD, changing sata port order, updating all the drivers I can think of, It STILL says its an ssd :(

If you open an admin command prompt and run winsat formal it should then rebort as a hdd after a reboot. If not another thing to try is setting the Optimize Drives Service to start automatically also has been known to fix this issue.

heheh well, that might make a big diff huh?
It opened another window, ran through some testing closed that screen and viola` issue resolved :D

It forces windows as part of it's testing to re-evaluate connected devices. Pleased it's fixed. Knew we'd get there in the end.

Back