Windows 7 Can't reinstall Windows 7

tokaireco

I recently bought an ASUS N53SV, due to problems that resulted in frequent blue screen and crashes(Mozilla, Chrome etc). I decided to download and re-install a fresh copy of Windows 7 Professional 64 bits from digitalriver. Beforehand i ran diskchck, everythings seemed fine.

I tried methods like booting from a USB stick, safe mode and just a double-click on Setup.exe but nothings works. Installation gets stuck halfway and i get the message :

"Windows cannot install required files The file may be corrupt or missing.. Make sure all files required for installation are available and restart installation. error 0x80070570" The same iso file worked on other laptops. Also tried by downloading from other sources.

I got fed up did something stupid . While booting from USB, i formatted the C: drive which is the only primary partition with an operating system. The installation failed once more and now when i start up the machine i get :

"BOOTMGR is missing press CTRL+ALT+DEL to reset"

I have unlimited amount of Windows 7 Professional keys from my uni and another laptop available. Please tell me what to do. Asus did not come with an installation dvd. If necessary i could buy a new retail windows 7 but will that work since nothing is left on the hard disk to start the installation? Can i still enter BIOS?

:fatigue: Please help i will constantly recheck this post if you need more info.

BOOTMGR missing issue

boot from windows Disk or usb

when the box comes uip saying INSTALL in the middle, you shoudl have REPAIR in the bottom left corner

click this> click next for windows installation. soon you shouuld have a few options , like system restore, dcommand promot

select command promt
type each command seperatly

bootrec.exe /fixboot
bootrec.exe /fixmbr
bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd

restart the pc and see if its worked

BOOTMGR missing issue

boot from windows Disk or usb

when the box comes uip saying INSTALL in the middle, you shoudl have REPAIR in the bottom left corner

click this> click next for windows installation. soon you shouuld have a few options , like system restore, dcommand promot

select command promt
type each command seperatly

bootrec.exe /fixboot
bootrec.exe /fixmbr
bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd

restart the pc and see if its worked

Nope does not work....

as i said i accidentally formatted the OS from the primary partition. I can access to the options (system repair etc) but there is nothing in the "Available operating system" part.

Did you try the commands above?

where was the version of Windows downloaded from?

"Windows cannot install required files The file may be corrupt or missing.. Make sure all files required for installation are available and restart installation. error 0x80070570"
That error message is typical of an ISO that may have been burned at to fast a write speed. It may work on some computers and not on others depending on the DVD player.
Download and install The Official ImgBurn Website set the write speed to 4x and re-burn the ISO. See if that provides any better results.
Welcome to the forums.
Regards
Randy

I would download a new image and see it that is the problem. Hash check download if it is provided.
Joe

Did you try the commands above?

where was the version of Windows downloaded from?

yes i did try the commands.. it's still not working... gave another blue screen when it restarted...

and the image worked perfectly on the other laptop and a desktop so i wouldn't say it's the image, i downloaded it from digital river...

T__T im dying here... that machine costed 600euros...

Would it be better if i just obtain another official Windows 7 Installation DVD??....

i would say no point in obtaining another windows 7 installation if current genuine one works already on 2 machines, Check cables inside the machine, ensure no cables are lose, check the HDD , make sure its all connected. ( you might have done this but just making sure )

just as a thought , does it Blue screen during setup?

im sure i had to format every partition when isntalling on my Acer, if you dont know and if you can , during the setup click advanced options and format each partition then try :)

i don't think it's the iso.. i tried with retail version, oem version, and integrated sp1 version... all did no worked... at the 'expanding files' stage i get this :

"The file or directory D:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-fonts-truetype-georgia_<etc numbers and stuffs> is corrupt and unreadable. Pls run the diskcheck utility.(which i did)"

Now i have only access to BIOS, Installation welcome screen(with cmd prompt). the recovery with f9 doesnt work either. IMAG0044.jpg

I FIXED IT!!!:D

here's what i did:
1) redownloaded an OEM version of Windows 7 Pro 64bits.
2) make bootable USB with it manually using diskpart
3) boot with the USB and entered BIOS to change boot order.
4) restarted and entered command prompt from system repair.
5) entered these commands as advised by some of your members
bootrec.exe /fixboot
bootrec.exe /fixmbr
bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd
6) Restarted and the installations went smoothly!!!:party:

i guess the same iso that worked on one laptop might not necessarily will work on another...

THANK YOU AND A BIG HUG TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED!! <3 this forum...

on behalf of those helpers , your very welcome , we hope u stay and recommend us , we have a large set of skills for basically any computer needs. advice , anything we try at w7.....

5) entered these commands as advised by some of your members
me :applause:

well done guys :)

Back