Windows 7 Can't upgrade IE10 to IE11. Can't uninstall IE 10.

jojorubi2

Hi,

I have windows 7, IE10.
When trying update to ie11 I got an error something with c947, so I tried to go to the basics and remove IE completely (control panel->uninstal programs-> uninstall updates->unistall windows internet explorer 10) and got an error (without a specific number).
Quick googling led me to make an sfc/ scannow which informed me I have corrupt files but it can't fix them. I then tried to remove these KB: ww sevenforums com/performance-maintenance/300474-how-do-you-fix-corrupted-files-found-sfc-scannow-4.html

Didn't help.

I then tried to safe mode and to Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth bot to no avail (error 87 not recognized command in this context).

Not sure what's next and would appreciate help.
thank you very much.

Last edited:
Hi @jojorubi2 ! Welcome to the forum. Not sure I'm understanding your issue! I think you are saying you have W7 SP1.
I'm not aware of a W11. If you are wanting to upgrade to W10 and have a legit W7, you should be able to do that with the media creation tool.
You should make sure you can meet the requirements and then use the tool to upgrade to W10. If you have more questions, please post back. Let us know how things went for you!;):) If I'm not understand your issue, please try to be more specific with your next post!
Windows 10 Specifications - Microsoft
Windows 10

Hi @jojorubi2 Sorry! I most have been asleep when I replied to your thread. I think I have W10 on the brain lately. You can't uninstall IE. You can disable IE and hopefully reset and fix it. See if this link helps with your issue! If you can't install it from the link in reply #3 Looks like you have some other issues, if your getting sfc violations. Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth bot to no avail. DISM/Online/ Clean up-image; does not work on W7. See if you can run sfc /scannow in safe mode. You may have to run it 3 times to fix every thing. Be sure to restart after each time. Post back if you need further help with this issue. Sorry for my misunderstanding of your issue!
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/318378

Last edited:
Back