Windows 7 Can't write files to cd

whbowenii

When I insert a blank cd it is recognized by Vista. I select the copy files using Windows option and name the cd. Then I am supposed to drag files that I want to copy into the folder window. NOTHING that I drag into the window appears in the window for burning. I have checked file properties to make sure the file is not read only. I am trying to back up some program set up executables and no go, but it won't even let me copy a jpg file. Is there some other setting I need to check? I am able to burn cd's from I Tunes.

Have you tried another type CD? Maybe it's something wrong with your registry? Any error codes? Could also be the drive.... KB314060

When I insert a blank cd it is recognized by Vista. I select the copy files using Windows option and name the cd. Then I am supposed to drag files that I want to copy into the folder window. NOTHING that I drag into the window appears in the window for burning. I have checked file properties to make sure the file is not read only. I am trying to back up some program set up executables and no go, but it won't even let me copy a jpg file. Is there some other setting I need to check? I am able to burn cd's from I Tunes.
Check the settings in itunes to see if your using their 'default burner' (if it has one, it's ages since I last used itunes) or check your program defaults (found in the start menu)

Back