Windows 7 CD/DVD Missing from computer

Kenn

Hi Guys,

Please help me out, i don't know what happen, but i can't see my cd/dvd on my computer. if i put any cd on the drive nothing happen.
Thanks
Kenn

See how your 'repair' goes (check out your other post), post back if your still getting problems...

Thanks Kem, but i didn't find the answer you gave me, please tell where to find it. Merry Xmas.

Thank you, i will try that i have that, but my problem is that the drive does not read anything i put there.

Hmm....you could try a number of things...
Firstly, boot into your bios and see if the CD/DVD is listed there, if it isn't, try pressing 'enter' and seeing if the machine finds it. Make sure all cables leading to and away from the CD/DVD are properly attached. You could also try changing the boot order to CD/DVD first and HDD second and then try the 'Repair' option again..

Good luck and please post back if you need any more help...

I`ve got EXACTLY the same problem: I suspected my BIOS primarily, but that is only because I`ve got another problem: I hope it would be symptomatic and would help to solve this problem: a month ago, my computer couldn`t start, so, I took it to the service. They found that my motherboard is malfuncioned, so they replaced it. However, some problems occured again immedeatly after it: after screen saver, picture went off, and I have to restart computer. Once, I couldn`t even start it again, but, luckily, it was only once. Last night, I couldn`t start a DVD, and I dound that there is no DVD drive at all- actually there is FLOPPY INSTEAD, and I have no floppy at all...
Is it Vista or BIOS? Anybody knows?

When they replaced the motherboard did they flash it to the correct and up to date bios? You can see which version it is on the start up screen. If you know the make of the motherboard I'd go to their website and check it out.

Back