Windows 7 Change 'Welcome-screen', can I?

Commander_Cool

Hi good buddies, I have searched this site as best I can w/o finding this (very minor) 'issue' adressed anywhere, so here goes:

I wonder if there is any way to change the 'welcome'-screen (I don't know the correct term but trust you understand what I'm driving at) from the, imho, silly, tame powder-blue with peace-dove carrying olive-branch thingy.

Anything would be an improvement, even a blank screen; better still would be a way of choosing my own image.

Thank you for your help :cool:

Btw I really, really, like Windows 7.
Microsoft did good with this one.
I'm a fossil that has been around
since DOS 2.0, I like to think I know
what I'm talking about.

Yeah, that's most likely a better way - the boot process seems a bit slower now since I switched. I created a restore point before I started fiddling with the logon-screen so I guess I'll go back and try your suggestion.

Also, I suppose it's generally a good idea to use native, built-in utilities if possible and avoid third-party software. Thanks for the tip jeradw :)

Logon Screen Rotator 2.0.0.0

This is a cool app. But I have not yet tested 2.0.0.1
The only real problem has been that it was single user specific.
This should be changed in the new version. Will report back when I can test it later tonight.

I do recommend this app for Logon Screen rotation. Rarely have the same logon screen twice in a row.

Logon Screen Rotator 2.0.0.1

It still only changes logon screens for the user that ran the setup initially.
Hopefully this will be able to be fixed.

Back