Windows 7 Changing the Win 7 boot screen

anroka

Does anyone know if it is possible (will be possible) to change the Win 7 boot screen?
I have read that MS have built Win 7 so that the boot screen cannot be fiddled with, thus protecting the PC against changes more than earlier windows version have done

Does anyone know if it is possible (will be possible) to change the Win 7 boot screen?
I have read that MS have built Win 7 so that the boot screen cannot be fiddled with, thus protecting the PC against changes more than earlier windows version have done

After reading this, my first reaction was to say that - at some point, someone will find a way to do it. Of course, just to make sure that nobody had already done it, I did a quick search - and ran across the Slashdot blog you were probably referencing.

Keep in mind, when a software company uses the words "we will not support", it isn't synonymous with "it will be impossible". It just means that they won't support - a method, or help in doing so. It also likely means that they probably took some steps to make it difficult for the average person to do - much like non-microsoft approved themes were originally blocked, until someone managed to patch the .dll file that prevents user-created themes for Win Xp

Also, when it comes down to it...Microsoft has never really "supported" changing the boot screen in any Windows release - yet without fail, eventually, it's possible for every Windows version to have a custom boot screen. I would be very surprised if - supporting it or not, Windows 7 doesn't end up with the same treatment eventually.

first of all, win 7 does support changing the the logon screen, if that is what you mean by boot screen. i would guess that it is, because the actual bootscreen is only shown for a few seconds. so if this is the case, there is already a thread, called something like, why is my logon screen different... or something like that. in that thread, there are instructions to do it manually, or near the end, there is a program which does it automatically, when you make a choice. the program is called, "Win7LogonBackgroundChanger". you can google it, or search for it on here. hope this helps.

Thanks

Thanks Guys for the info.
Yes, it is the Boot screen info I was asking for and not the Logon screen. Ive changed that.
Oki. Ill just have to wait and see if a tweak pops up that can do this with the boot screen

I also wonder if. "IF" this becomes possible, we can make animated boot screens.
Both Vista and 7 are not the traditional scroll bar boot indicator, so, it a curious notion.

after a quick search,,, Link Removed - Invalid URL
which may or may not be possible in Win7, but since they are based on the same code, unless they changed something, this looks promising in the ability to change the boot screen at least if not animate it with graphics other than a scroll bar.

I know this is an old thread, but I dug it up when searching for something else.
It is possible to customize the boot screen, but you have manually edit some files.
Wish I could remember how ;)

Better question, why would you want to edit it in the first place?
Isn't the current one cool enough?

can anyone tell me how to get the windows 7 4 colour balls animated splash ( boot ) screen? what do i need to do and do i just need a picture of that animation or a video or something else maybe? real stuck here as i am bored with the Knight rider vista boot screen :(

To get the Windows 7 balls on XP/Vista, see link above -

Link Removed - Invalid URL

For true custom Windows 7 boot screen animations, an interesting set of related links ->

* The Video (on YouTube):

Windows 7 Custom Boot Screen (Nanami Madobe Official Windows 7-tan) - YouTube

* The Boot Screen (at DeviantArt):

* The Utility (for us lazy folks... :redface:):

Coder for Life - Project - Windows 7 Boot Updater

* And Finally, the Thread (another forum):

How to change boot animation in Windows 7 - Windows 7 Forums

Hope this helps someone! :)

What is called when you change your bootscreen with boot updater, then use in reverse integration using Windows service pack to create install.wim & Boot.wim. When I do this updater it goes back to the Windows Original bootscreen. I have a feeling that it has something to do with WFP or SPC but I don't know how to ask the right question! John

Check cool bootscreens on this site:

Rainblader,

I must tell you that at first, we thought this nearly violated our spam policy, but your website is actually one of substance. Pretty nice. Thanks for visiting. I hope that you come back, and not just to plug your site! Michael

Back