Windows 7 Clean Install is Slow

Joe S

Excellent Member
I just saw this about clean installing Window 7 Sticking with Windows 7? The forecast calls for pain | ZDNet I've noticed that since Windows 10 released Windows Update is incredibly slow when updating Windows 7 PCs. I'm glad I keep several images. I used to slipstream updates in XP and several people made monthly update packs with all the important updates. With Windows 7 there were slipstream tools but no update packs that were simple to use. I gave up because it was such a hassle compared to XP.
Joe

Hi Joe! It's always a good idea to have a virus free back up image of your OS for the very reason in your thread.
I can be up and running on a brand new Hard Drive is less than a hour. Yes there may be a few up dates if I was lazy and didn't create a image when I should have. I had forgotten about those slipstream tools. That was a long time ago.
I wish more people like us would take the time to learn how to use a 3rd party image program.
I have been using the free version of Macrium Reflect for years, It has never let me down!

Back
Top Bottom