Windows 7 CoD2 Ping Issues

BRONCO

Ive been having issue with CoD2 ever since i did a full install of windows 7. My issue right now is my PING. Before i had windows 7 i ran the game on xp 32 bit, and my ping was usually between 50-90. Ive always played on the same dedicated server (PotW stock), and my internet connection is exactly the same as it was when i had xp. Now when i run the game on windows 7 my ping is between 150-300. Im playing on the same server, with same people ive been playing with since the game came out. ive updated all my drivers and directx, have version 1.3 of the game, and have set it up to go through firewalls. EVERYTHING about my computer is faster and better with Windows 7 except CoD2. Its my favorite game of all time so i really dont want to give up on it, but ive had so many headaches trying to get it run properly that im about to. Please, if anyone has any suggestions id love to hear em

Is it possible there is more traffic on your network (torrent downloads, etc)? You could also try updating your Wireless/Ethernet drivers.
Cheers! :)

Back