Windows XP Com Port help needed

lotec

Hello,
I just added a 3-D scanner to my computer and I get an error message as follows: "Com 1 not ready. Please verify that the port is valid or is not in use by another application."
I am in fear that Com 1 is my Printer, and I do not want to disconnect it. I know that two devices cannot share a common port. If someone here can give me a step by step with regards to how to solve this issue, I would appreciate it. I know it is done in Device Manager, but I do not know how it is accomplished.
Thank you,
Lotec

Depends on how your drivers is trying to connect. If it is limited to running on com1 then it might be easiest to uninstall your printer, install the scanner which should be able then to use com1 and then reinstall your printer which should assign another com port (which is what the scanner should be doing).

Depends on how your drivers is trying to connect. If it is limited to running on com1 then it might be easiest to uninstall your printer, install the scanner which should be able then to use com1 and then reinstall your printer which should assign another com port (which is what the scanner should be doing).
Thank you for your response!

Back