Windows 7 Computer fully freezes when trying to play games

Performer

Hey guys :)

So i installed Windows 7 a month ago and i couldnt play games as it froze my computer and i had to hold down power button to turn it off. So i uninstalled it and went back to vista (which is crap), Today i installed it again hoping that the issue would be fixed but its still freezing. Ive tried loads of drivers.. Its still doing it, i just cannot find the problem.

Here are my specs:

Model: Toshiba Qosmio X300
Operating System: Windows 7 RC 7100 build 64 BIT
Processor: Intel Centrino 2 2.40 Ghz
Memory: 4GB Dual Channel DDR3
Display: Nvidia GeForce 9700M GTS

If you require anymore specs dont be afraid to ask.

I would be so greatful for any help or solution to this program as this is putting me off purchasing windows 7 in october, its an amazing operating system. its just the fact i cannot play games on it which makes me dislike part of it.

Thanks,
Matt

Last edited:
Hey guys :)

So i installed Windows 7 a month ago and i couldnt play games as it froze my computer and i had to hold down power button to turn it off. So i uninstalled it and went back to vista (which is crap), Today i installed it again hoping that the issue would be fixed but its still freezing. Ive tried loads of drivers.. Its still doing it, i just cannot find the problem.

Here are my specs:

Model: Toshiba Qosmio X300
Operating System: Windows 7 RC 7100 build 64 BIT
Processor: Intel Centrino 2 2.40 Ghz
Memory: 4GB Dual Channel DDR3
Display: Nvidia GeForce 9700M GTS

If you require anymore specs dont be afraid to ask.

I would be so greatful for any help or solution to this program as this is putting me off purchasing windows 7 in october, its an amazing operating system. its just the fact i cannot play games on it which makes me dislike part of it.

Thanks,
Matt

If it's purely related to games then try reposting this to the Games subforum, maybe you'll get help a lot quicker if you specify which games are giving you trouble? I have had issues with certain games myself. Some running ok for a while then BSOD, others crashing Windows when switching from fullscreen to windowed modes. Good luck!

Back