Windows 8 CoProcessor and Problem installing the latest 331 nVidia Update

jantdroid

As you can see on the sreenshot, that is my problem. I downloaded the latest nVidia driver but when I install it, I only got that black screen+cursor on the screen. I have to manualy restart the computer and see the driver is not still installed and also I have this driver that is called "CoProcessor" it has no drivers even if I search on the C:/ drive or in the internet. :(

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    342.3 KB · Views: 537
  • Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    314.1 KB · Views: 544
  • Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    62.3 KB · Views: 559
  • Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    202.4 KB · Views: 591
  • Screenshot (5).png
    Screenshot (5).png
    207.5 KB · Views: 575
Thanks for the reply, but what chipset? What if I install windows 7? I came from Windows XP as soon as I received my PC and upgraded to Windows 8 but this happens

Last edited:
I have this, and I have a 9500GT nVidia Driver V327.23 if I update I update it to the latest version I get the same lag thing. Now all I cant do is in safe mode. Please help.:(

Attachments

• Screenshot (6).png
    Screenshot (6).png
    290.3 KB · Views: 534
I meant could you post the name and make of the pc/laptop your using. Also if your installing a new driver make sure you un-install the previous version first. If your using a laptop then chances are your drivers will be found on the manufacturers webpage. Anyhow let me know what machine you have and it will help us to help you.. :)

I meant could you post the name and make of the pc/laptop your using. Also if your installing a new driver make sure you un-install the previous version first. If your using a laptop then chances are your drivers will be found on the manufacturers webpage. Anyhow let me know what machine you have and it will help us to help you.. :)

Ohh..OHh.. IDK, it says powerlogic on the case, and as far as I know I have an Emaxx motherboard

Hey that's great! Here is your motherboards webpage: http://www.emaxxtech.com/products/view/id/1

You could always try and install the chipset drivers under compatibility mode. Download them and then right click and choose properties. Look for compatibility and change it to win 7.

w67y.jpg
Wow Thanks! I clicked the link and downloading the Chipset Right now. Will I have no troubles updating my nVidia driver anymore through Windows Update? What compatibility mode? Download the driver and right click to compatibility mode?

I wouldn't use windows update to update your drivers as it doesn't always find the very latest ect. I keep my WU settings to 'check for updates but ask me whether to download and install them'..
See how you go but please post back if need be.. :)

I wouldn't use windows update to update your drivers as it doesn't always find the very latest ect. I keep my WU settings to 'check for updates but ask me whether to download and install them'..
See how you go but please post back if need be.. :)
Okay I am downloading it right now. Thank you! How do I know if it works?

Check your device manager and you shouldn't see any more question marks...

I
Check your device manager and you shouldn't see any more question marks...
Awesome! It worked! But I have one more thing, shouldn't I update my nVidia drivers? Everytime I install one it doesnt work, makes my screen goes black, then lag then sudden shut down. When it boot ups. it has installed the drivers but I know they were not correctly installed and then a few seconds my machine lags and i cant do anything. I have to pull off the power to work again and then same thing happens. May I shouldnt update it ?

Try running this app first:
http://treexy.com/products/driver-fusion

You'll see where it's possible to remove all nvidia files related to graphics. Try that and then go to the nvidia site and download the latest driver ( 331.65). When you install make sure anything like anti-virus monitors are turned off as some can mess with the install. Nvidia recommends doing this with their install.

If you get the same issue again it might be worth trying a download from your motherboards web page... You never know...

Try running this app first:
http://treexy.com/products/driver-fusion

You'll see where it's possible to remove all nvidia files related to graphics. Try that and then go to the nvidia site and download the latest driver ( 331.65). When you install make sure anything like anti-virus monitors are turned off as some can mess with the install. Nvidia recommends doing this with their install.

If you get the same issue again it might be worth trying a download from your motherboards web page... You never know...
I dont think that my GPU is the same as it came with the motherboard.

The GPU model that came with the motherboard is : NVIDIA® GeForce® 6150SE + nForce® 430
and the one that says from my DevMan: NVIDIA GeForce 9500GT

Are they the same? I dont have the link to update to 331.65 :(

You have an onboard graphics chip as well as the 9500GT. Usually the bios will default to the plug in card in the pcie slot but it might be worth just checking that the onboard chip is turned off. Just go through each bios page until you see something related to graphics or pop along to the website and download the manual.
The link for your download is here:

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/68821/en-uk

wdpw.jpg

Back