Windows 7 Crysis and Grand Theft Auto 4... No Go

am i the only on who was able to isntall it and run it properly with no errors? cause i put my installtion at windows xp 2 mode and jsut installed it. after that clicked play on rockstar social games and it worked o.o" nothing else needed here.

Last edited:
Crysis:
i launch the game and just get a black screen. nothing ever loads and processor and HD seems to be idle

Grand Theft Auto 4:
i got the game to install after playing around with Compatibility Settings of the .exe's... but trying to launch the game it says Checking Release Date and then quits and nothing happens.

Hi . some games wont launch iff ur time and date settings are off. i had an issue with a couple of games and it was the time and date settings in windows 7.

what video drivers r u using?

the windows update ones. NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT (Prerelease WDDM 1.1)
Ver: 7.15.11.7923

i assume they are the better ones, because Nvidia doesn't even have Windows 7 beta drivers yet.

update:
i tried the Nvidia drivers from there website. still same problem.

Last edited:
hmm try expanding the framework in windows features and make sure they all have a tick. uninstall gta4 and reboot. then try the whole install process again

does GTA IV work for Windows 7 beta? Cause it tells me that it's incompatible with the OS when I try to install it.

new patch for gtaiv pc

unfortunately that's still not fixing the problem.

i'm having no issues installing. i know all the required installs files, and have been sucessful in getting them all to go. my problem appears trying to run the application where it starts loading the application and then disappears. no error no nothing, and i've tried every compatibility to get it to run.

theres something deeper going on here.

a new patch has been released and u can get it here.

they said they've fixed what seems to be your prob, hope this works...

now i've got a new prob...when i try to go on the internet (in game) at the internet cafe during the mission "logging on" gta iv crashes to desktop...

Last edited:
update hasn't fixed anything so far in windows 7. still same problem.

the weirdest part is, i had this game working on another installation, but i've done everything i did in that plus more.

now i've got a new prob...when i try to go on the internet (in game) at the internet cafe during the mission "logging on" gta iv crashes to desktop...has anyone else experienced this?

i hit left button on my gamepad to "use" the computer in the internet cafe, it goes to a loading screen for about 3 seconds it says loading, and then it just crashes and there's a message that says "GTA IV has stopped working, windows is looking for a solution" and then that windows dissappears and i'm left with nothing...

Last edited:
I have the 64 version of W7 and Crysis will not run in 64 bit mode, the screen goes black and then it crashes. The 32 executable works fine, though.

I have the excact same problem.I was hoping to see how it runs on 64bitmode is there a known fix for this one?

Last edited:
Crysis WH with Patch 1 (File Planet D2D version) wont let me select my monotor's native rez (1920x1200). If I try to select 1920x1200 it gives me the choice of accepting the rez but then wont let me click on "Yes". When I try to exit CWH I then can't access any dialoogue boxes and I have to Alt+Tab to the desktop then useTask manager to stop CWH.

Interestingly I've also done a fresh install of Vista64 on a second partition (the old install was taking 10-15 minutes to boot into a useable state!) and where CWH was running very well with Patch 1 I'm now having the same problem as with Win7 although at least the 32bit DirectX 9.0C exe works fine.

Running in compatability mode makes no difference at all.

On the other hand the second Brothers In Arms expansion works fine in Win7.

I have the excact same problem.I was hoping to see how it runs on 64bitmode is there a known fix for this one?

Found it.All i needed to do was richt click the icon and select run as admin and vista compat. now it works.

Glad its working for you D-vious but I've already tried running in Vista compatability mode and as admin. But its still no go for 64-Bit mode (I did wonder if I was mistakingly running Windows 7 32-bit instead of the 64-bit version but have confirmed that this is not the problem - even I'm not that dumb :rolleyes:).

On Vista I can now run the 64-Bit version at 1920x1200 (provided I run the 32-bit version first). However this hasn't worked with Windows 7. :( Indeed if I try and run the 64-bit exe after running the 32-bit exe I get an "application failed to start" error.

Oh well booting into Vista instead of Windows 7 to play CWH isn't too much of a hassle :rolleyes:

Glad its working for you D-vious but I've already tried running in Vista compatability mode and as admin. But its still no go for 64-Bit mode (I did wonder if I was mistakingly running Windows 7 32-bit instead of the 64-bit version but have confirmed that this is not the problem - even I'm not that dumb :rolleyes:).

On Vista I can now run the 64-Bit version at 1920x1200 (provided I run the 32-bit version first). However this hasn't worked with Windows 7. :( Indeed if I try and run the 64-bit exe after running the 32-bit exe I get an "application failed to start" error.

Oh well booting into Vista instead of Windows 7 to play CWH isn't too much of a hassle :rolleyes:

Wait one thing tho i forgot to mention i used the razor 9/11 or something 64bit fixed exe.I forgot to mention this becasue this is something i tried very early.Maybe it has something to do with it.

another thing that might have helped me is that i installed the november update for DX9,this helped me get the fear 2 demo running as well.

Cheers for the info I'll try your suggestion and see if it helps. I've made sure I downloaded the latest DirectX as I had read that this might fix some problems with Windows 7 and games but still no go.

On a side note I have noticed that I'm using Win7 as my main OS - keep forgetting its a Beta and going to be replaced in the summer!

Back
Top Bottom