Windows 7 Crysis and Grand Theft Auto 4... No Go

mightymilk

Crysis:
i launch the game and just get a black screen. nothing ever loads and processor and HD seems to be idle

Grand Theft Auto 4:
i got the game to install after playing around with Compatibility Settings of the .exe's... but trying to launch the game it says Checking Release Date and then quits and nothing happens.

i've only done fresh installs of both the OS and Games.

crysis installs but doesn't run.
gta 4 will install if i put windows 2000 compatibility, but will not run either

what systems are you guys running, specifically: video cards?

2.33 Core2Duo
Nvidia 9600GT
4GB G.Skill RAM

what systems are you guys running, specifically: video cards?

2.33 Core2Duo
Nvidia 9600GT
4GB G.Skill RAM

AMD X2 6400 @ 3.7 GHZ
nVidia 8800 GTX
8GB RAM.

Crysis works fine for me on Windows 7. It is actually faster than it ever was on Vista.

With Crysis, do not turn on Anti-Aliasing. Also, make sure that you are running the 64bit version if you are using Windows 7 64bit. 32bit will not work.

I'm running it on a Intel Core2Quad Q6600 with an nVidia 9800GTX+ and 2GB of DDR2 @1066MHz

Crysis wars no problem

I got CW working fine on the x64 version. But with some frame rate drops and texture popping, this mite be down to AA being on.

Q6600
8800 GTS (G92)
2GB DDR2 RAM
W7 x64

I don't know if EA fixed some of the issues in Crysis for CW, but it was known to have problems cause by AA so don't you probably can't attribute them to Windows 7

If anyone is having difficulties with GTA4 if you stick the cd in and explore it, all you have to do is right click setup.exe and run as XP sp2. Make sure you run "vcredist_x86" and "xliveredist" in the redistributable folder also and you will have no probs

I have the 64 version of W7 and Crysis will not run in 64 bit mode, the screen goes black and then it crashes. The 32 executable works fine, though.

If anyone is having difficulties with GTA4 if you stick the cd in and explore it, all you have to do is right click setup.exe and run as XP sp2. Make sure you run "vcredist_x86" and "xliveredist" in the redistributable folder also and you will have no probs

i had same probs, tried what loathe recommended and everything worked fine, thanks loathe

unfortunately that's still not fixing the problem.

i'm having no issues installing. i know all the required installs files, and have been sucessful in getting them all to go. my problem appears trying to run the application where it starts loading the application and then disappears. no error no nothing, and i've tried every compatibility to get it to run.

theres something deeper going on here.

similar prob

i'm having no issues installing. i know all the required installs files, and have been sucessful in getting them all to go. my problem appears trying to run the application where it starts loading the application and then disappears. no error no nothing, and i've tried every compatibility to get it to run.

i had a similar prob, but i think when i got the microsoft 2005 c++ redistributable to install properly, then it started working properly. not sure if it's the same prob.

ok go into the control panel and go into programs and features. go to turn windows features on/off and make sure that the framework 3.5.1 is turned on and reboot.

Back