Windows 7 Crysis and Grand Theft Auto 4... No Go

for the record, i've got it working perfectly now, installed from the disc and whatnot, then updated to 1.0.2 and everything works perfectly, aside from random (but rare) crashes which i can't really attribute to anthing just yet.

Problem with GTA 4

I just installed Windows 7 and it says GTA 4 incombatiable. Any reason for this? Anything I can do Thanks?
My system specs are:

Nvidia 8600GT
4 GB Memory
Core 2 Duo 2.8
750 GB Sata Hard drive

For me on 7077 x64, Crysis 32bit worked perfectly as is, 64bit exe had to be set to vista sp1 compatibility to work.

Gta 4

Yes, I understand. But with all due respect, I'm referring to GTA 4. Not Crysis. This is driving
me nuts. All because of an operating system, I can't install my sound card and my game. So
I'm forced to revert back to XP. I'm trying to find a reason not to revert back. If anyone has
any solutions to the GTA 4 incompatiable issue, I'm all ears.

Try windows 2000 compatibility on GTAIV.exe. I just browsed a few forums and that was a frequent suggestion with success.
Sorry but I don't have the game to confirm.

What is your soundcard?

Last edited:
Yes, I finally got sound now. Thanks a lot for the help. What a pain. Windows 7 takes a lot of updated
drivers to run everything, but its a great improvement over XP. The only other issue I'm having is how to
make the icons smaller and how to create a quick launch menu. The icons are so big, its actually annoying.

had probs with Crysis Warhead - no probs with GTA 4

Crysis kept locking up on me while it would load new levels. Really irritating.. uninstalled it and haven't tried to put it back on yet. - GTA4 worked fine once I ran the setup with XP settings -

Crysis:
i launch the game and just get a black screen. nothing ever loads and processor and HD seems to be idle

Grand Theft Auto 4:
i got the game to install after playing around with Compatibility Settings of the .exe's... but trying to launch the game it says Checking Release Date and then quits and nothing happens.

I've got exact same problem with Crysis and UT3 ! It's freaking me out! Tryed compatibility mode... It doesn't work.
Config:
Windows7 RC 7100 x64, nvidia driver 190.38, Comodo internet security antivirus.
I think that antivirus is messing all up - I have played UT3 succefully while I had avast! antivir installed. The problem is that I hate avast! and it's not really 64-bit app.

Gta 4

GTA 4 doesn't work with Windows 7. You need to revert back to or install XP, service pack 3.
I wish it worked on Win 7. If anyone finds a new solution to that, please let me know.
Perhaps the creators of GTA know something by now. If not, I know they're working on GTA 5,
and that should be compatiable with Windows 7.

GTA 4 doesn't work with Windows 7. You need to revert back to or install XP, service pack 3.
I wish it worked on Win 7. If anyone finds a new solution to that, please let me know.
Perhaps the creators of GTA know something by now. If not, I know they're working on GTA 5,

What build are you using? I have had no problems with my beloved GTAIV in 7 since 7100. Do you get a problem with the install or when you try to run it?

Nope, I had no problem installing GTA 4 on 7. The screen just goes black. If I remember
correctly, I think I looked it up and it said not compatiable with 7. This was a few months
ago. I even tried the compatiablility settings. Do you set it under a set operating system,
such as 2000 or win 98 or something else? I currently am using it with XP service pack 3.
But don't get me wrong. I'd like to go back to Windows 7 eventually. This is the only
reason I went back to XP. I actually liked 7's graphics. It seems to have Mac graphics and
better organization, unlike XP. While I'm on the subject, what do you prefer about it?

Devin

I have Win7 build 7600 and I have installed and playing Gta IV, Crysis and Crysis Warhead without problems AND without compatibility. So I just installed them, cracked `em, and it work fine.

My GTA4 works perfectly fine, so it must be down to drivers you have installed, I havent even added any compatiblity to the launchers...everything was straight install of the dvd, updated and good to go. The only thing I have installed in regards to protection check was the officially leaked (for a half day then removed off the server) no-dvd launcher (still need your real key etc for the GFWL online play) that was actually posted by the securom website...guessing one of the staff there got fired the same day...lol.

As for Crysis, Warhead and Crysis wars....no issues them straight out the box ether, once updated and setup firewalll properly for punkbuster.

Last edited:
The only problem I have had with GTA:IV is downloading through Steam. It would take days to download because the download kept restarting (I'm still not sure why it did that). Anyways, I am running Windows 7 64-bit.

is it true that X82(32b) is better for games than x64, because X64 had issues with games(like crashes and others...):confused:

Back