Windows 7 Deep Blacks Become Blues

aRegularWindowsUser

I had a problem that occured to my Windows Yesterday. The deep blacks on the monitor becomes blue, I need some help on this.

0rsR7qzsnJQK_NTq8K1zWuEPxtdpjuGSbHcMIJeUNybHIIszxMC-kQS9P-6d8OjFmmNyBXI41Qo9CNXfxYkIqlRjA4nPr6UbbdFiDGjEyxWZYw9hvbggPH_Ybdy103AlYxGVNCaF8zZIpfwDvzUyO7cm6ispaFl8eM_NvNtr_wkCEwU_YLTSsfkXPaL8GO2eoud9TffN1XXKGihSEItye6sqY8vNEkzrZvOhDv7juez0sSbPQLnNWiQJuRGYlxYol65YXfHAWujKRPd61y99H_Et1ThMWv9BZxAku_kYb2_PtEqKKJnqgyef8wLK5s84YZo09rEy13MfuzL41807PgkE-GpZ2tGrBIVAvDMt1gUAbUShpO95VakfWWEMY6vmTRjd8QCkIDJ7inILRAN66AiGz6i87gc2_4CkNP7p05kLDox81aLI6hvZMkqsHfVb3YT2hsj5VEv1IOJ3HMdesO8nAwQSsoglNaqRG-LQadN4TYVYSr0Dek0MNx5BN8qBvo_sJM32z7MhKPR9dqrvFZvnSc8zMmfPxd4XMvcclvm14nY9Hq82obJpI2jCm4Ob8dbRFztfashFsDL3RQtG8pqvfcODYG4=w410-h326-no

The image above is slight exaggerated to show the deep blacks becoming deep blues, It might not show up on your monitors. But it shows up on mine.

Hi aRegularWindowsUser, and Welcome to the Forum :bighug::

The first thing I would suggest would be to swap monitors and see if the problem persists. If you have a desktop PC, this is the easiest thing to do to narrow it down. If you have a laptop, and the internal LCD display screen is showing this problem, you'll need to borrow or purchase a working external LCD monitor and plug that into your laptop and see if the problem abates. If the problem abates with a different monitor on the Desktop PC, your old monitor is defective and must be replaced.:waah: If the problem abates with an external monitor on the laptop, then either your backlight is burned out and must be replaced or the LCD screen itself is faulty and must be replaced.:waah:

If these tests are not conclusive, please post back and provide us with the following information:
Make/Model of your computer (Dell, Acer, HP, Toshiba, etc.); Is your PC a desktop PC or a Laptop? Is your PC or laptop an OEM (Dell, Acer, HP, Toshiba, etc.) machine or is it a self-built PC? If self-built, please provide full hardware specs on your PC including Motherboard Make/Model, GPU Card Make/Model, and PSU Make/Model. If you have an OEM PC or laptop but can't find this information, please go to piriform.com and download the free SPECCY diagnostic and upload the text output result back here to this thread so we can further analyze it to make suggestions.

Best of luck,:encouragement:
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

I had a problem that occured to my Windows Yesterday. The deep blacks on the monitor becomes blue, I need some help on this.
The image above is slight exaggerated to show the deep blacks becoming deep blues, It might not show up on your monitors. But it shows up on mine.
Hi,
As well as BBJ's excellent suggestions do you know if you got an update on the day this happened? You can check your update history to see if anything new was installed like a graphics driver:
Seeing which Windows updates are installed - Windows Help

If you do discover that a graphics driver update was installed then you could try rolling back the driver to it's previous version.
Restoring a driver to its previous version - Windows Help

Back