Windows 7 Default Can I Pin a Folder to the Start Menu?

VicVicVic

Hello, I hope you are well.

With the additional of Jump Lists, I see a lot of potential for new things. Right now, I am hoping we can somehow pin a folder to the Start Menu. For example, after installing Microsoft Office, a folder is automatically created with applications such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Publisher. Is there any way I can pin that Microsoft Office folder to the Start Menu and maybe use Jump Lists or something like Jump Lists to list the applications?

Thanks!
Vic

Hello, I hope you are well.

With the additional of Jump Lists, I see a lot of potential for new things. Right now, I am hoping we can somehow pin a folder to the Start Menu. For example, after installing Microsoft Office, a folder is automatically created with applications such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Publisher. Is there any way I can pin that Microsoft Office folder to the Start Menu and maybe use Jump Lists or something like Jump Lists to list the applications?

Thanks!
Vic

There is already a custom jump list creator, have a look here.

Also 7stacks, but I haven't tried that yet.

Thanks, Gavin. I checked out both the links you posted, but I don't think they do what I was hoping for and described above. The first link might be useful, but the program that the writer describes isn't available (the official site for it has been closed for some reason).

Any other thoughts? Thank you.

Thanks, Drew. However, that I'd like it in the Start Menu list of programs that show up immediately when you click on the Start Menu, not in the All Programs list of the Start Menu. Sorry if I wasn't specific about it.

Thanks,
Vic

Link Removed - Invalid URL is the latest version of the Jumplist Launcher (v5). I haven't used it since build 7000 but I don't see why it shouldn't work now.

If you go here, you will see it can do exactly what you described above, even the example given uses Office itself. There is also a Youtube overview to watch.

Hope that helps!

Thanks, Gavin.

I just tried it out and ran into a program. When I tried to create the Jump List by clicking on the "Create Jumplist" button, I get a pop-up error message stating "Couldnt create the Jumplist. Please wait for next update to fix this issue." I don't even know what the issue is, to be honest. I'll keep tinkering with it.

Vic

Back
Top Bottom