Windows 7 Deleting someone elses homegroup?

Jonathan Mcgee

Hey guys!
I just reinstalled windows and wanted to get a homegroup going for my desktop and my laptop. THe problem is some kid in my complex who was friends with my roommate has created one for some random reason and win7 only wants me to join his. Is there a way i can get his homegroup off of my network? or just make a new one all together?

Thanks for any help!

wow okay i guess when he got offline the homegroup disappeared lol i'll just blacklist him and its all good. Nevermind! this thread can be deleted if you guys want lol

Homegroups are only available from a home network. Homegroups are not designed for public networks. If I was to guess why, I would say you discovered the reason. Homegroups are designed to make networking at home simpler. If more than one homegroup was allowed this would make networking just as complex as the old faithful Workgroup Networking.

You will only have the option to create a homegroup if one does not exist. If a homegroup exist you will only have an option to join that homegroup. In order to create a new homegroup, you must first create a new home network.

Hey guys,

There is also the option to "Leave the Homegroup", this will remove your PC from the current HG and disable all files/folders that were shared, thus, you could at that point Create a New Homegroup as mentioned.

Regards
Don

There is also the option to "Leave the Homegroup", this will remove your PC from the current HG and disable all files/folders that were shared, thus, you could at that point Create a New Homegroup as mentioned.
I tried that and the only option I had was to join the one that was already present on the network.

Back