Windows 7 Desktop Background HELP PLEASE !

aspire

I dont have any desktop background setting for some odd reason. It wont display. I have an acer aspire one. There isnt an optionwhen i right click a picture that says 'set as desktop background.' What do i do? I really want to change my background !
Thanks,

Stephanie

Are you referring to the fact that you right-click on the desktop and choose personalize, the background option is greyed out or are there no backgrounds to choose from?

yes when i right click on the desktop and go to personalize, there is no background option to click. and when i type "desktop background" in the control search panel, nothing appears.

As far as I know Windows 7 Starter does not have that option to change backround pictures.

Freeware Stardock My Colors is the way to change desktop background in Windows 7.

Download Now

Stardock MyColors - See Windows ™ in a brand new way

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Unfortunately,

Windows 7 Starter does not include:

Aero Glass, meaning you can only use the “Windows Basic” or other opaque themes. It also means you do not get Taskbar Previews or Aero Peek.
Personalization features for changing desktop backgrounds, window colors, or sound schemes.
The ability to switch between users without having to log off.
Multi-monitor support.
DVD playback.
Windows Media Center for watching recorded TV or other media.
Remote Media Streaming for streaming your music, videos, and recorded TV from your home computer.
Domain support for business customers.
XP Mode for those that want the ability to run older Windows XP programs on Windows 7.

Are you serious?

:razz: How can I be sure if I haven't used 7 Starter myself ? :rolleyes: Very much surprising me too, but looks like it doesn't have many vital features.

Let?s talk about Windows 7 Starter - Windows 7 Team Blog - The Windows Blog

From the blog:

windowsteamblog.com said:
It is important to note that Windows 7 Starter still includes only a subset of the features offered in the higher editions of Windows 7 such as Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Professional and above. Windows 7 Starter does not include:

Aero Glass, meaning you can only use the “Windows Basic” or other opaque themes. It also means you do not get Taskbar Previews or Aero Peek.
Personalization features for changing desktop backgrounds, window colors, or sound schemes.
The ability to switch between users without having to log off.
Multi-monitor support.
DVD playback.
Windows Media Center for watching recorded TV or other media.
Remote Media Streaming for streaming your music, videos, and recorded TV from your home computer.
Domain support for business customers.
XP Mode for those that want the ability to run older Windows XP programs on Windows 7.

They should've put more limitations, I think. ;)

That's absolutely crazy.

Any old computer with a DVD drive could download software to play DVD's.

Does it come with Notepad, or is that extra too:razz:

Yeah, that's crazy indeed, even 7 Basic looks very much ripped off, but 7 Starter must be totally impossible.

Open Regedit and navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop

Create a new key named Wallpaper (if it doesn't already exist),

You'll need to rename your picture to TranscodedWallpaper and use this path:
C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\TranscodedWallpaper.jpg

Does anyone know how to get the themes and backgrounds from win7 RC I really liked the sea cove from Hawaii. I don't have now with my win 7 not RC

I posted this in error I was trying to post my own question sorry.

Last edited:
Back