Windows 7 Desktop flashes. loses focus

Umarth

Hey guys,:

I have a highly annoying problem with my freshly installed Windows 7 Home Premium and I hope, someone here can help me.

The Desktop and the Windows Explorer seem to switch focus all the time. If I klick on the Desktop, an explorer window will start to flash constantly. If I try to manipulate a file (drag it, rename it) I have to be extremely quick, because the desktop or the explorer will lose focus and reset my effort.

I tried to record whats happening and uploaded the video here:

I already tried to eliminate all running processes that I could identify to look for the source of this. Shortly I thought my USB mouse would generate the problem, because it stopped after I unplugged it. But today that doesn't help anymore. Even uninstalling it doesn't change it.
My Windows version is a couple of days old, I don't understand what I could have done

I have run out of ideas. Can you help me?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like your resolution is out of whack

start type resolution and try som different resolutions

My resolution is and has always been 1280x800 on my widescreen display. It's hard changing the the resolution, because I can't keep the focus on the options window for longer than maybe a short second. But I tried a couple of other resolutions, even non-widescreen. Didn't change anything.

Back