Windows 7 Desktop Toolbar Help

a02887

Hi! I've recently had to reinstall Windows 7 after my hard drive crashed, but since I've reinstalled it (with no problems) I've noticed a lot of things missing that I had before. I've searched everywhere for what it might be, but without knowing what the features are called, I can't find anything! I've give my best description of what's missing and any help on how to restore the features would be great:

1) There was a 'toolbar' at the top of the desktop that had icons in it and drop down icons for things like Photos, Music, Videos etc. It would move to the front of all open windows if you moved the cursor to the top of the screen.

2) The graphic that appeared at the bottom right of the screen when I did anything like turn the volume up or down or turned wireless on or off.

I have a Dell Inspiron 15, and maybe the features are a Dell thing, but I don't think so.

Yhey were, as you surmise, "Dell things" There may be a program lurking on another Dell partition somewhere, which will help. Otherwise you should have received recovery disks with the Dell, or even a recovery partition.
I would not take it as a great loss if you have an up and running reinstall.

Back