Windows 7 DESPERATE NEED OF HELP

frenchie85

OK, I'm new on here, and would appreciate the help. I Have a brand new computer.
Asus M4N68T-M V2 Motherboard
AMD Phenom II X4 955 processor
4 Gig RAM
Clean 500 gig SATA HDD
nVidia GTS 450

So now i'm trying to install Windows 7, and I now get through the first step and i get stuck on a screen asking to install device drivers. I tried to re-burn 3 different versions of Windows, with 8 different DVD's. I tried removing 2 gigs of ram. I've tried different DVD drives, i've flashed the most recent drivers of the BIOS. I am exhausted by this for it has been going on for a week now. Can someone PLEASE help me?

Welcome.

Go in the bios and Load The Optimized Defaults. Save. After, make sure that Plug and Play OS is set to yes. ASUS is notorious for having this set to no or off, by default, and this would cause major issues.

If you still have problems, let me know. I'll show you what to do next.

Welcome.

Go in the bios and Load The Optimized Defaults. Save. After, make sure that Plug and Play OS is set to yes. ASUS is notorious for having this set to no or off, by default, and this would cause major issues.

If you still have problems, let me know. I'll show you what to do next.

Ok, i'm in the BIOS now, how do i load Optimized Defaults. Sorry, i am still a little wet behind the ears.

It should be on the first page of the bios settings. If not, there definitely will be some type of Default setting to set, which will make the whole bios well.

But then, check on that Plug and Play OS setting too, which is very important for it to be set to yes.

It should be on the first page of the bios settings. If not, there definitely will be some type of Default setting to set, which will make the whole bios well.

But then, check on that Plug and Play OS setting too, which is very important for it to be set to yes.

Ok, found it... And loaded it. And i also did the Plug and Play to yes.... Its did the same thing again...

Are you running external devices? Are you running a RAID setup? Are upgrading over another OS?

Back
Top Bottom