Windows 7 device is gray'd out in device and printers

Dominic James

Hello i have been trying to figure out how to fix this problem i have a blue tooth dongal and im trying to hook up my wii remote to my computer..the device is recognised and windows tells me its searching for drivers and the device will be ready when shown in device and printers. the device icon pops up so i no it installd but after a few seconds the icon is grayd out and the device just dosent respond ...i dont no what is causing this and need answers. please help me.

I assume the device did not com with a driver disk. If you can identify the manufacturer and model, search for a driver download.

I assume the device did not com with a driver disk. If you can identify the manufacturer and model, search for a driver download.

the device dose not have a driver it is a Nintendo Wii remote. the controller for the Nintendo console. there are loads of youtube videos of people connecting them to computers and useing them within the OS as i have done this beffor on my old pc and it worked with no problems. i have allso tested it on my laptop and the device is not grayed out in device and printers like it is on my main system..do you no what could be causing this issue?

It may be a bluetooth stack problem. Try going to device manager and removing any and all listed bluetooth devices then reboot and let Windows refresh bluetooth devices list.

bluetooth stack?? im not sure what u meen by that..I just have a bluetooth usb dongal witch i plugd into my usb port at the front of my pc. and it recogniss it and ses its installing stuff.... am i sapost to install somthign els for this thing to work proplery? i dont get it though because after its done that it picks up the wii remote when i add new device so that meens the bluetooth dongal is working right? but why is the wii remote then grayd out? iv tryd removing the wii remote from device then unplugin the bluetooth usb dongal. restarting my computer connectign the dongal then connecting the wii remote but the same thing happens its grayd out in device. can this be down to motherbord drivers? i reely dont no much about this stuff man sorry

Last edited:
Ok - you can ignore the comment about the bluetooth stack but just try following the advise which follows - that is, going to device manager and removing any and all listed bluetooth devices then reboot and let Windows refresh bluetooth devices list.

Last edited:
Ok - you can ignore the comment about the bluetooth stack but just try following the advise which follows - that is, going to [COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]device [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]manager[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] and removing any and all listed bluetooth devices then reboot and let Windows refresh bluetooth devices list.

going to color=blue? i think you made a mistake in ur post. but i figured it out. i had to go to device manager and find it in the list and click update driver.and its working now.

Back