Windows 7 Display Driver kernel 191.07 failed but recovered...*sigh*

Just the iso as far as I'm aware.. Didn't you download the zip file with the iso inside? Just burnt that to disk and follow my instructions above..

I think so...Windows 7 makes it impossible however. I just went into programs and applications and then uninstalled all the Nvidia components. Is there another way to completely delete the driver?

And dont worry about offending me, you're helping me in every way possible and it takes every step for this kind of stuff to work :D

and your running in 64bit? I mean are you running windows 64bit or 32bit?

32-bit...

I want to try a reinstall and whatnot, but I dont think thats the problem. I just dl a bunch of shit and it looks "messy", lol

I think I know what the problem is....

Your running in 32bit but have 6GB of RAM fitted. Your system is only capable of using 4GB..(you need to run in 64bit to be able to use more than 4GB) Take a stick out and see how you go..

Or

Install 64bit windows 7...

Last edited:
Wouldnt that be ironic if that were the case? I'll try it out and see how it goes...

Is 64-bit reliable? Like, will the programs be able to run and such like games or do I need a certain patch for both? I just remember going through a hassle with XP 64-bit and hated my life.

Whilst it's true that not all apps are 64bit compatible a lot has changed since those days and it's a lot friendlier than it used to be..

Okie dokie...I'll try this snaz out and update you on the two things: 1) taking the stick of RAM out and 2) trying the 6gb of RAM in 64 bit.

*crosses fingers again*

It's not the RAM. I have taken each stick out and tried a game (prototype). I knew it wasnt the RAM because a couple months ago my CPU kept overheating due to a malfunction with my heat sink. After I bought a new heat sink and the computer started working again, I noticed thats when this video card driver thing started to not work...it worked perfectly in vista 32-bit, so the RAM is not the problem. Another thing is that when I tried to troubleshoot why my PC kept shutting itself down (I didnt know it was the CPU overheating), I kept running it until it would shut down. Do you think I could've caused some damage to some components such as my video card or GPU chipset? Im out of all options besides one: Try my friends video card. If that doesnt work, I dont know what to do...We will see though.

I just wonered why you were running in 32bit with 6GB of RAM? As 2GB of it won't work...Anyway this is besides the point... After what you've told me there is a very real chance something has got damaged.. You'll have to go through each component until you find the culprit. As your sure that the RAM is ok then that just leaves the chip ,mobo, graphics card and HDD to check. One way would be to try a different graphics card. If it still does the same thing then you know the card is ok.. Same with the HDD, get or borrow a different one, install it and if the same still happens then you know the HDD is ok (I have a hunch though that it could be the HDD). That leaves the CPU and mobo.. See if a friend will lend you a cpu which will fit in your mobo... If the same still happens then you know it's the motherboard..

Last edited:
I too get this error and it is extremely annoying because I cannot run any video files using CUDA acceleration on my nVidia card or play any games. The following is my diagnostics and I this is still currently occuring on my system.

System Specs:
Windows 7 Professional 32bit Edition
4GB RAM
nVidia GTX 1GB 460x2
nVidia Display Drivers 258.96 (WHQL)
nVidia Display Drivers 260.63 Beta
Intel i5-760

This initially began, after everything was running smoothly for at least a month is when I used CoreAVC Professional Edition 2.0 to utilize CUDA hardware acceleration for viewing video files. Everything previously was working fine and I was able to view video playback. However, this time the screen came up with a matrix like screen and froze as a result. The error then occured as per the thread title but with the nVidia drivers I was running (258.96 WHQL). From then onwards I was not able to run any video playback that required CUDA hardware acceleration and the games I was not able to play because of massive artifacts everywhere which also resulted in the game freezing and the error message occurring.

1. I've checked my CPU and GPU temperatures during this occuring and nothing out of the ordinary happens besides temperature rising because of usage. Does not go above the 75 degrees.
2. I should have enough power for SLI as it is a 750W PSU specifically designed for SLI (nVidia certified product)
3. Attempting to uninstall the drivers as I thought initially it was a driver problem was not the reason as I was not able to uninstall them because every attempt to would result in the screen turning black
4. Uninstalling CoreAVC Professional Edition 2.0 did not work because the artifacts and problems still occured while trying to game
5. After formatting my PC (yes because it was that bad) from scratch, everything worked fine again (until recently - it has been fine for 2 weeks until just today)
6. Setting the system restore point to 4 days previously did not resolve the problem
7. Uninstalling the drivers finally via a different program as opposed to the Control Panel and installing more newer drivers (despite being Beta) did not work
8. Reinstalling Windows 7 over the old one to repair it did not work

So there looks like something conflicts with the system that causes the drivers to fail and as I cannot see it as a hardware failure due to being able to format my PC and everything running smoothly, along with no rise in temperature as one would expect.

If you have any other ideas, it would be much appreciated as even though above you mention it is hardware related, I'm not sure if this is the case.

Thanks!

Hi,
Have you checked the memory? Try taking a stick out and see how she runs.. If things are fine then try the other stick and see if you can reproduce the problem. If it errors out on one particualr stick then you know that it's the culprit.

You could also try the forum for the CoreAVC app as it seems this had something to do with the original problem: Link Removed - Invalid URL

Lastly I'd consider re-installing with the 64bit of Windows as apposed to the 32bit version. This will use your RAM better and is simply a better option to 32bit operation..

Back
Top Bottom