Windows 10 Display Turns Off

rjlocal22

Hello,
I have my display and sleep settings set to "never". But after 3 minutes of inactivity, the display turns off. It's annoying and what else must I do to fix this?

Also open an command prompt and type powercfg /q >> %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\powercfg.txt and upload the text file created on your desktop.

Neemobeer,
I copied and pasted as instructed but my computer is a laptop. Dose that make a difference?

Attachments

• powercfg.txt
    15.3 KB · Views: 115
There's nothing in the plan that would put the computer to sleep after 3 minutes. You do have turn off hard drive after 10 minutes and I didn't convert but I believe 30 minutes on AC those could turn on the computer but only for a traditional HDD. If you have an SSD this setting does nothing. You also have shut off display after 10 minutes on DC (battery). I know HP has their own power utility but I don't know if it has it's own behavior or merely interacts with the Windows power plans.

Contacted HP Support via web search.
I think I contacted a scammer. The person who I chatted with had a name that made no sense with a mix of letters with no idea on how to pronounce it. After I gave details of my display turning off, he mentioned that he would have to take control of my computer and may need my credit card information. That's when I suspected that the web site I contacted was a scam site. I immediantly disconnected from the chat.
Does anyone know if HP charges for online support? If that is so, then my HP laptop will be the last product I buy.

I won't waste my time or money on their customer service. When I start to have serious problems with my laptop, I will trash it and this time I will seek out companies with decent reviews and I will add my review to 85% who complained.

Back