Windows 8 Do I have to change to Windows 10?

brod298

Extraordinary Member
I have Win 8 and ASUS CM 6330/6630/6730/ 6840 series, cannot find which of these I in fact have.Intel (r) core (TM) i7-3770 CPU, 3.40 GHz , RAM 8.00 Gb, 64 bit. My problem is that on each sign up, lately I am getting alert to switch to Win10 as there no more security downloads for Win8. I know almost nothing about computers and was wondering do I have to switch and if I have to how to do it?
Thank you very much.
brod298

1. no you don't have too
  2. today (29th) is the last day that you can upgrade to windows 10 for FREE!

p.s, the easiest way to tell exactly which model you have is to just register the system with Asus… then all the codes | downloads are there whenever you need them.

Screenshot (240).png

Last edited:
Thank you for your answer. What I am wondering, what happened to my security if I do not receive it any more from MS for Win8.What would you recommend to do, to buy some other like McAfee or something?
Thank you very much.

my w8 and w8.1 are still getting defender updates... in the case of w8 I recommend you take the FREE 8.1 upgrade from Microsoft (log into the store app with a Microsoft id to download it) because that will bring you back into support.

as for anti-virus you have Avast (pun intended) option of free choices to pick from so no I wouldn't recommend spending cash on something you don't understand | need but its your life mate.

Back