Windows 7 (DRIVER) Missing driver after windows 7 install on gateway computer

kurts2

Please help me! I have a Gateway MX6960 that I just put Windows 7 on. There is a missing driver on the Device Manager, but I don't know exactly what it is or where to get the driver. It is listed under "other devices" as "Mass Storage Controler". The only info I know are the hardware ids. They are :
PCI\VEN_104C&DEV_803B&SUBSYS_0366107B&REV_00
PCI\VEN_104C&DEV_803B&SUBSYS_0366107B
PCI\VEN_104C&DEV_803B&CC_018000
PCI\VEN_104C&DEV_803B&CC_0180

All basic functions seem to be working on the computer. I have not tried to use the fire wire port, the card reader or the PCMIA slot. My guess is the PCMIA slot because I initially ran the windows update tool and it identified there wasn't a driver available. The reason I'm not sure if thats actually the issue is because there is a driver loaded under PCMIA devices! It may be there are suposed to be two and one is missing.

Anyway to make things worse, I tried a auto detect program to ck my drivers. It did identify what I already knew, but also said there were 12 out of date drivers! One for the SATA controller, 4 system devices (PCI express root port 27D0 mobile intel 945GM/PM/GMS/940GML/943GML & intel 945GT express processor to DRAM controller 27A0), and 5 USB controllers (intel 82801G (ICH7 family) universal host controller 27C8).

I went to Gatway and tried to install some of the drivers they listed for my laptop. They are of the auto install type and when I run the exe, windows 7 comes back saying this program is not supported. The drivers are newer and for VISTA 64 bit (I and running a 64 bit centrino duo processor).

Is there a way to identify the hardware based on the ids listed above? If so, is there a place I can get an updated driver? Also the other drivers? Here is a link to the drivers listed on Gateway Gateway Support - Downloads & Support Documents

Thanks in advance for any help in this matter,
Kurt

Looks like that might be your Texas Instruments Card Reader Driver 2.0.0.9 8/18/2010
Good luck and welcome to the forums.
Regards
Randy

well...after my post I finished all the windows updates to include SP 1. After that I tried the driver install from Gateway and it worked fine! It installed successfully and the "other device" category disappeared. I may try to install the other drivers (to include the BIOS update) but I am a bit hesitant. I am of the mind of if it ain't broke, don't mess with it.

Thanks for the welcome and reply Trouble.

Kurt

Good work, glad to hear you were able to resolve your issue and thanks for posting back and updating your thread.
Can't say as I blame you. I think I would prefer to enjoy a stable computer at least for a while before tempting fate.
Thanks for joining our community and we hope to continue to see you around the forums.
Good Luck
Randy.

Back
Top Bottom