Dual boot screen does not appear

Discussion in 'Windows 10 Help and Support' started by ducanhle, Jun 8, 2016.

1. ducanhle

ducanhle New Member

Hi, I have an Acer Iconia Tab 8 with Windows 10 on it. I recently tried to add androidx86 (google it, I can't post links yet) on a different partition than Windows, but the boot screen just does not appear for me to choose my OS. I can run the android live from my Flash disk, but services like wifi and bluetooth do not work. Can someone please help me with this one? I have been desperate for the last few days with this...

Thank you!

2. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522 Essential Member

3. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522 Essential Member

Note: I would highly recommend when you dual boot to use a separate HDD for this type. Especially when it comes to dual booting with Windows and Linux on the same HDD. It just causes nothing but trouble.

4. ducanhle

ducanhle New Member

Yes, I sticked to that tutorial. I'd do that on another HDD but don't want it to be connected to my tablet al the time...

5. MikeHawthorne

MikeHawthorne Essential Member
    Microsoft Community Contributor

Hi

Try installing EasyBCD and see if it will make the boot menu appear.
    It will configure the bootable OS's and show you the boot order etc, and there's a check box for show boot menu.

EasyBCD

Scroll down there's a free version at the bottom of the screen.

[​IMG]

If the Android OS isn't shown when you open the window, then you click on Add New Entry and select and add it to the list.
    You can select the default etc, through the Edit Boot Menu tab, I think this is where you will find the check box to show or not show the boot menu.

Mike

#5 MikeHawthorne, Jun 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
    bassfisher6522 likes this.