Windows Vista Dual Installation of Win Xp and Win Vsita

donnie_b2007

Hi
I have a laptop with windows vist home premium preloaded.My old desktop had Windows xp prof . Now i want dual booting. Can i proceed like this.
I format the entire drive. Load XP with the Bootable Windows Xp Installation CD on on e partition . Then I run the recovery Disks and load The vista on another partition .( i have a question here , i dont know whether with recovery disk i get to choose where i will install Windows Vista ).Then i run EasyBCD or a softwre like that to register both the OS in Boot Loader.
Thanks

Hi Donnie, concerning the recovery disks for vista... I don't think they will be a full copy of the vista os, as they are often a disk that resets the installation back to it's 'factory state'. So you first need to make sure that they are indeed a full copy of vista..
You could run 'Disk management' create another partition and install xp into that..

Hardly surprising really.. Just what would you use it for?

I have to confess that I am not a big fan of dual booting Vista and XP.

ditto

Nothing really just personally never felt the need but if someone feels that it benefits them in some way then more power to em...

Well ya gotta point. I have been thinking sense I run 2 PCs now.. I really don't need to duel boot anymore. I can put all my XP only software on my old one and single boot with the new (cough) the never finished one. :D

Originally users were dual booting because when vista was first released it was terrible for games (although I've always found it just as good as XP)
Since the advent of SP1 I think many will follow your example and go back to having a single os..... Maybe

Originally users were dual booting because when vista was first released it was terrible for games (although I've always found it just as good as XP)
Since the advent of SP1 I think many will follow your example and go back to having a single os..... Maybe
I was originally duel booting cuz Vista was so unstable I had to boot in XP if I wanted to stay on my PC for any length of time. I guess up until now I didn't wanna let go.
I'll still keep XP on my old one for certain things.:D

Back