Windows 7 Dual Screen monitors

DocShay

I was happy to see that when I installed windows 7 it automatically recognized my dual monitor setup - I could move things monitor to monitor, they were not just "cloned"

My pet peave though is I can't change the wall paper on each monitor seperatly, I must use the same one for both of them, and I can;t stretch 1 wallpaper across both.

I used to use Ultramon to do this in XP - But alas, does not work with Windows 7

Has anyone found a solution to this?

I use UltraMon in Windows 7. However that was after upgrading a Vista x64 install with UltraMon on it already, so I don't know if thats why or not. Did you do a fresh install? And are you using 32 or 64 bit?

I just did the upgrade install from Windows XP Pro SP3 32bit. The application installs, but it won't run.

I get this error message everytime...

Link Removed due to 404 Error

I may have used a version specifically for Vista x64, I'm not sure. I'll have to check it out once I get home. I'll let you know.

Try to right click the program file go to properties>compatibility and set the compatibility to Windows XP or VISTA. Hopefully this works for you.

Previous versions of ultramon dont have that error but all functions do not work ,like the shortcut on each window...

Try to run it in Windows xp mode and let it run for a while, then set it back to Windows 7 mode.

right click on program click properties and set to xp mode then let it run, if it runs all ok then put it back into Windows 7 mode It shlould run all ok then. I don't know why but this always works for me with xp programs. and always use Vista drivers for everything. m/b drivers and video cards as well

Thomas

The problem with ultramon (that i use in XP) is that does not take full advantage of the taskbar capabilities!

The only problem is that it doesnt show the icon for quick transfer but this can be achived with right click on the task bar and select Move to other Monitor. All other are the same ....

The only problem is that it doesnt show the icon for quick transfer but this can be achived with right click on the task bar and select Move to other Monitor. All other are the same ....

Not from the main monitor. No longer the context menu appears when right clicking on the super taskbar.

I don't know if this is too late... but I use Windows 7 with a dual screen setup and I have a seperate wallpaper (or extended wallpaper) and taskbar by using DisplayFusion 3.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom