Windows 7 dvd burner cd nec 3550a Not working right

matt2222

Ok this burner wont reconize data disk or transfer files properly it locks up and many problems.

It sees the files. But if you click a folder slowly. And you can never transfer a files from disk to pc.

I had a similar issue with Vista and my dvd drives. I updated the dvd drive firmware and everything worked fine after that. You may want to check and see if there is a firmware update for your cd/dvd drive.

OK checked firmare its fine.Its some kind bug.If anyone has same problem and or a fix let me know.BE great people couldtest there dvd rw for moving files. then post what dvd-rw work good unrer this windows 7.CAuse i love windwos 7/But need working dvd rw to contiune. Now Mine burns fine so far. A image under imgburn. HAvent tested data. Problem lies try to read and use discs. And or data. Both have serious issues. So im sure its a driver issue. SO what dvd -rw are good and work 100 percent?

By coincidence, I have just read this on another site. I do not have the problem, nor do I know if it is exactly the cause of years, but, fwiw.
  • Press the start button and in the search bar at the bottom of the start menu type “regeditâ€Â￾
  • Click on “regedit.exeâ€Â￾ in the search results and then give permission when windows asks you to open the registry editor.
  • On the tree view in the left side of the registry editor find “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINEâ€Â￾ and maximise this
  • The in HKEY LOCAL MACHINE maximise SYSTEM
  • in SYSTEM maximise CurrentControlSet
  • In CurrentControlSet maximise Control
  • in Control Maximise Class
In the class tree their should be a list of keys with very long names (example: {0475BB51-5A02-4EE0-B36C-29040FAD2650}) click on the first one under Class and look to the right panel their should be information about that key and you need see if that key says “CD/DVD drivesâ€Â￾, keep checking each key in the class tree until you find that.
Now once you have found the CD/DVD drives key in the right panel their should be upper-filters and lower-filters, delete these (note: there might be two lower and upper filters with the second set having a .bak extension make sure you don’t delete these if you do). once you have deleted these close the registry editor and re-boot.

Ok here is photo of what isee

Im confussed by what you mean to delete by upper and lower.what do i delete sir from here and thank you for help

Sorry Matt, but you do not have the filters, so nothing to delete. I will have a browse and see if there are any other solutions.

Later. I do not consider this an answer to the Windows 7 DVD problem, as it is happening with different models of DVD burner but, Having a look around the web, I can see that the NEC 3550a is giving particular problems. I can only suggest you wait and see if anyone, including Microsoft, can come up with a positive answer. I see you are on a couple of other help sites. If anyone gives an answer that works, perhaps you could be kind enough to post back here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also have a dvdrom (DVD+- RW NEC ND-3530a) that isnt working properly.... I am not able to play dvd movies, where as last night I had no problem getting it to play, though I had to try a few times before it would play. After trying the same thing I did last night to get the contraption to work and play it was a dead end. I have followed your steps and I only have an UpperFilters and the data that it is displaying is GEARAspiWDM, there isnt any LowerFilters. Would I delete that one?

Back