Windows 7 DVD drive not running install files.

Matthew Davis

okay basically, i want to install World of Warcraft onto my laptop. i did it before fine, then i uninstalled it and 6 months later i want to install it again. (i go through phases)
but when i put the installation disc in, it doesn't autorun, and when i go to open the dvd-rom, it gives me a list of 'installation tomes' labelled 1 to 6. i have tried putting other discs in to see if it was just my WoW disc, but none of these discs work either. i've tried uninstalling the dvd-rom drive and reinstalling it. and i've checked the registry for any errors. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello and Welcome,

i have tried putting other discs in to see if it was just my WoW disc, but none of these discs work either. i've tried uninstalling the dvd-rom drive and reinstalling it. and i've checked the registry for any errors.

If it stopped reading all disks all of a sudden then it probably bit the dust and you need to replace it. But first do some basic testing:

PC Troubleshooting CD Rom DVD Drive

CD/DVD Diagnostic

hi i've just tried it now, and nothing, it reads discs, but the installation files don't work on them and the autoplay doesn't wok either :/

hi i've just tried it now, and nothing, it reads discs, but the installation files don't work on them and the autoplay doesn't wok either :/

I think at some point an MS update disabled the autoplay. I'm not sure if it can be enabled. You might do some searching to see if my memory of this is correct.

Back
Top Bottom