Windows 7 DX BSOD i need someones help please.

theforerunner

I have a machine that ive built then upgraded as the time went along.

recently, ive put a new video card in it and a
[FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]quad [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]core[/FONT][/FONT]
processor. I was starting to have these blue screens after i flashed an update for my bios, and installed the new CPU (which needed the update to recognize properly.)

The error im getting is this.

0x0000003b
0x00000000C0000005
0xFFFFF880005114EA6
0xFFFFF880066D3BF0
0x0000000000000etc....

DXGMMS1.sys

adress@ FFFFF88005114EA6
base@ FFFFF88005113000
datestamp: 4d3fa174

Now, so far, ive gotten this in both Blacklight, and Crysis 2. I dont think its my video card, i had this with the old gts 250. I even reinstalled windows twice recently, even went into safe mode, used driver sweeper to delete old drivers before reinstalling video drivers etc etc.

I dont think the card i have now is overheating, doesnt even feel real hot to the touch when it crashes. Does Not crash during any
[FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]benchmarks[/FONT][/FONT]
like 3dmark11, no artifacting or what have you.

I have the timings and the voltages for my ram set to 5-5-5-18 1.8v in bios, not auto. no overclocking or anything.

Does these errors mean anything to anyone? sounds to me its a direct X issue but i cant know for sure...

system specs are.

[FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]evga[/FONT][/FONT]
730a mobo
0CZ 600w PSU
XFX HD 6850
AMD Phenom II 940 3.0ghz (aftermarket cooling)
500gig WD HDD
4gigs of Corsair DDR2 @800mhz dual channel ram

I know about the compatibility issues of the
[FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]phenom [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]II[/FONT][/FONT]
and the 730a, and how its a crap shoot to work or not... just dont know if its even worth to replace the motherboard and find something that the rest of this rig will fit into to. (probably end up being the RAM thats the problem) Was causing me issues when i first got it and EVGA support helped me figure it out that it was overvolting or something, so i had to hard set its voltage in the bios.)

Idk just been one hell of a frankenstien machine... Well any help will be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back