Windows 10 Email server will not receive

Fenway16

Honorable Member
Don't know if I'm in the right forum but here is problem. I sent an email using .msn email address to a person at a biz - 2 days ago. Today I received a msg from the postmaster at outlook:
Your message wasn't delivered. Despite repeated attempts to deliver your message, the recipient's email system refused to accept a connection from your email system.
Being a dunce in these matters I have a question. If I send from another email program - i.e., a gmail address, will it still be the same problem? Are these 2 email programs (mine) on different servers? If so, would that cure the outlook problem. Thanks.

The client software is only relevant in sending issues if you can't get mail to your email provider. Sounds like a problem between MSN mail servers and the biz, could also be mail spam protection on their end blocking it. I'd have to see the bounce back email.

OK - here it is -
Your message wasn't delivered. Despite repeated attempts to deliver your message, the recipient's email system refused to accept a connection from your email system.
Contact the recipient by some other means (by phone, for example) and ask them to tell their email admin that it appears that their email system is refusing connections from your email server. Give them the error details shown below. It's likely that the recipient's email admin is the only one who can fix this problem.
For Email Admins
No connection could be made because the target computer actively refused it. This usually results from trying to connect to a service that is inactive on the remote host - that is, one with no server application running. For more information and tips to fix this issue see this article: Fix email delivery issues for error code 550 4.4.7 in Exchange Online
Generating server: SN1NAM04HT109.mail.protection.outlook.com
Receiving server: SN1NAM04HT109.eop-NAM04.prod.protection.outlook.com
[email protected]
10/30/2019 6:08:12 PM - Server at SN1NAM04HT109.eop-NAM04.prod.protection.outlook.com returned '550 5.4.316 Message expired, connection refused(Socket error code 10061)'
10/30/2019 6:05:50 PM - Server at bcbsri.com (204.146.168.193) returned '450 4.4.316 Connection refused [Message=Socket error code 10061] [LastAttemptedServerName=bcbsri.com] [LastAttemptedIP=204.146.168.193:25] [CO1NAM04FT064.eop-NAM04.prod.protection.outlook.com](Socket error code 10061)'

It's Blue Cross so maybe they have aggressive anti-spam measures in place. I'll just give them a call and inform of problem. Thanks.

There is an MX record for bcbsri.com but it doesn't appear to accept smtp. Are you sure it's not bcbs.com?

Well you are absolutely right. I didn't send it to .org. I guess I just reverted to .com as that is what is most frequently used - for my uses anyway. I think that will solve the mystery. I wrote again to the .org address and I'm sure it will reach her this time. If not, I'll be in touch. :) Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

I have kind of the same problem but the bounce back is different:

*name last name (email)*

Contact the recipient by some other means (by phone, for example) and ask them to tell their email admin that it appears that their email system is refusing connections from your email server. Give them the error details shown below. It's likely that the recipient's email admin is the only one who can fix this problem.

For Email Admins
No connection could be made because the target computer actively refused it. This usually results from trying to connect to a service that is inactive on the remote host - that is, one with no server application running. For more information and tips to fix this issue see this article: Fix email delivery issues for error code 550 4.4.7 in Exchange Online

I guess my other email does not receive mails, Idk how to fix that.

Well for starters @Clod make sure you're typing the email address correct. If it is correct then the issue is entirely on the receiving end or potentially your sending domain is on a email blacklist somewhere (assume is it's a custom domain and not a big name like gmail or live)

Klodi Qoshku ([email protected])
Your message wasn't delivered. Despite.....
so basically the email is correct.
I wanted to link smth with this email and I never got a verification code. so I tried to to send an email to my email with my other email. I got this msg few day's after.

The mail server for that domain isn't accepting smtp connections, so that would be the reason.

Back