Windows 7 Ethernet Adapter Problems

Theomus

Ever since I installed Windows 7 my Ethernet Adapter has been undetectable. I'm not certain, but right now it shows up on my Device Manager as "Unknown Device". The only way I've been able to boot my computer is by disabling my LAN when I hit f2 at the loading screen to go to setup. If I keep LAN enabled when it boots, it goes into a circular conflict with the Ethernet Adapter, saying this:
PXE-E53: No boot filename received.
PXE-MOF: Exiting PXE ROM
Any help?

OS --------->Windows 7 64-Bit Evaluation Copy. Build 7100
Computer-->Toshiba Satellite X205 - sli3
Processor-->Intel Core2 Duo T7500 @ 2.20 GHz
Chipset----->Intel PM965

Have you tried to update the bios on your motherboard?

What about going into the bios and disabling the NIC from bootup. There might a setting to make it not possible to bootup off a NIC. You could try that and see what happens.

Yeah - it seems like its trying to boot up off of the NIC for whatever reason....hmmmm

Yes, I have tried updating my BIOS. And I'm not booting off of NIC, I have to disable it for me to get on. Right now I'm on Wi-Fi because my ethernet cann't be touched. In the F2 setup it is known as Built-In LAN I believe.

No internet - windows 7/XP

Hello,

I have a dual boot windows 7 and XP PC (both 32 bit). I formatted the hard drive 3 weeks ago and installed fresh copies of Windows 7 (RC1 or 7100) and XP.

Everything was working fine until today, upon reboot, my windows seven stopped connecting to internet. I tried several methods in the control panel to connect without any success. So I went back to XP and the internet connects awesome. This confirms that there is no problem with the router or modem (I use a university T3 connection-sometimes go to 8 MB/sec!!!). I had a similar few days ago and I restarted the computer several times and it connected to the internet by itself. Zthis time it doesn't want to do it.

I was wondering if anyone has a solution to this problem. I really liked the Windows 7 and want to use it instead of XP. I have a custom built core 2 duo, 4 GB RAM (3.5 GB detected), 128 MB graphics card and 3 400GB hard drives.

Thanks for any help.

Back
Top Bottom